Pre Match | Liverpool vs. Arsenal | EFL Cup 4th Round | Thursday October 1st 19:45h | Anfield

This is a must win game imo, if we are to ever mount a serious run at the domestic cups unlike before, which we are now seriously capable of with the new signings and development of the squad players like Jones, Mina, etc.

Given the congested schedule, Arsenal will face Sheffield on Sunday, meaning they will put out a very weak squad. Previous years, games like this are the rrason we abruptly end our cup challenge. But now, it seriously looks our favour.

1 Like

You know you’re good when the enemy is dumbfounded by how good your side is, and accuses you of using performance enhancing drugs…

Here’s a tasty snippet from Arsenal-Mania.com:

You LOVE to see it. Long may it continue.

3 Likes

Well, go see the Redcafe, their meltdown and panick is comedy gold. Plus, their acussations of using peds by our players is non stop. Pathetic lot really. Or the Bluemoon where meltdown goes a new low.

I agree with this entirely. The only serious run we had with Klopp was in his first year when he was still learning about the squad. The cup competitions are a great opportunity to develop and integrate new players.

Tsimikas out for this one, thigh strain.

1 Like

Well Tsimikas is injured…

Milner at LB, or maybe Robbo?

Larouci is still here.

He played for the U23s against United 5 days ago, but beyond that isn’t even making the bench for the U23s. Maybe he’s been training with the First Team, but a couple of months ago there was talk of him not wanting to sign a new contract and looking to move on.

1 Like

Olympiacos is supposedly in talks about signing him.

No more loans to Greek or Italian sides!

I think the team will be quite strong. 3 players that started last game (Robbo, Joe, Gini), a few from the bench (Milner, Jota, Mini, Shaq, Jones, Adrian, Neco), then Williams.

1 Like

He was injured apparently. He played well for the u23s against United and would be first choice if fit.

Wasn’t involved against Tranmere so would expect him to be in the 18 here.

1 Like

Why should Gini be the one to start when he is our only midfielder who played the whole 180 minutes in the league.

Plus, we need all the trophy we can win. I never get this “its just a friendly” attitude even when its just the Charity Shield. If its a trophy, i want us to win it, simple.

Hope we can seriously get a go at the Cups this season.

4 Likes

Funny how just a few games in and we are already looking to the likes of Grujic and Shaq whom most of us would have expected to have left by now. Looks like this really could be a season where a big squad is a necessity.

The charity shield isn’t a trophy but is a friendly.

2 Likes

Then why are they lifting the Community Shield trophy in the end ? Regardless of its value, its still technically a trophy, which is counted in the club trophy counts too.

For a while it was shared, what do we do about that? Can only be one winner. The club doesn’t count it in the 48 major trophies we’ve won.

But regardless, its aint shared anymore, and i aint saying its a major trophy. Its a tiny bit tit trophy in name. Hardly worth mentioning. But its a trophy nontheless, so i dont want this “its just a friendly” attitude, especially when playing for it against teams like City, United, etc.

I agree, we should play it like a proper official game, like it is (Minamino’s goal counts, as opposed to a goal in a friendly). But I don’t count it in the trophy list, nor does the club.

But the club does count it in minor trophy, just like the European Super Cup, Club World Cup, etc. Even official records counts it. So, i still want it to be won by us.