Pre Match | Liverpool vs. Arsenal | EFL Cup 4th Round | Thursday October 1st 19:45h | Anfield

Millie at left back; Grujic in midfield. Sorted.

1 Like

Yeah, I would give Wijnaldum and Fabinho 45 minutes each along side Grujic.

Is it just me; I find Lijnders so refreshing when he speaks. Especially in the way he gives context to Klopp’s words, thoughts and actions…

4 Likes

I’ve been looking for this thread since we played Arsenal. Looked just like the Arsenal pre match thread. Just goes to show how easy it is to forget Arsenal. :rofl:

2 Likes

Fixed it for you.

5 Likes

I just sit 2 meters from my monitor I must have been too close. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes
4 Likes

Play no first 11. Thank you.

3 Likes

The clear benefit is that if Alisson gets injured and we need to play Adrian, he’s already got football under his belt this season.

4 Likes

The results I want are zero injuries, enough game time for Harvey Elliott ( I think he needs it more than the other kids right now ) and least importantly a successful scoreline.

1 Like
1 Like

Sure, but if anything League Cup football against teams often fielding their second string, behind a team and back four he would never play behind in the League or Champions League, is less beneficial than what he experiences in training every week. I mean, they play plenty of football in between matches.

How do we expect young goalkeepers to gain senior competitive experience if we don’t even play them in the least important domestic cup competition? Adrian’s 33, he’s already got plenty.

2 Likes

I see it like this: you play your first choice first, your second choice second, and your third choice third. So if Alisson is rested, next up it’s Adrian. Keep him sharp, keep him playing. The third choice primarily gains his experience training with the first team squad, then at some point, on loan.

If he ends up being good enough to come back and be second choice, or even fight for first choice, great. If not, we will sell and go again. We have done a fair amount of that and I expect it to continue. It is desperately difficult to crack it at the top at Liverpool.

At present we have lots of young goalkeepers, but for me it should be Adrian over Kelleher for the League Cup game.

2 Likes

I completely agree. I can understand the reluctance to play guys who could be sold this summer in the next few days if interest are there, like Brewster, Wilson, Grujic, etc. since there are players like Elliot in desperate of gametime or that not playing them could be better for team cohesion in the long run in the season, coupled with the fact that playing players who are departing risk their injury which could sabotage their transfer.

But aside that, players whose contract expire in a year like Adrian, Gini, etc are clearly in the plans for this season, so we should field our best and possibly strongest lineup in every game, bar the need for rotation of the first 11 in domestic cups, injuries, suspensions, substitutions,etc. Kelleher is 3rd choice, and should be played only if Allison or Adrian is unavailable for now.

Neco Hat Trick either side of Minamino Brace, with Curtis at the end. 2-0.

4 Likes

I fucking hated math as well mate.

18 Likes

He apparently hated grammar too. Not sure what he liked other than picturing himself in some movie hurtling toward the Death Star.

4 Likes

Pipe has been selected along with smoking jacket and slippers! Looking forward to seeing who Jurgen picks for tonight’s game,
I like the idea of sticking Kelleher in goal but JK will probably settle with Adrian.
then maybe:-

Nico - Phillips - Williams - Milly
Jones - Grujic - Shaq
Jota - Origi - Mini

Bring Elliot on for 2nd half maybe?
How about Brewster? On the bench maybe?

Oh damn! Here’s nurse with my afternoon meds! Back later!

PS Jamie Carra wished me a happy birthday last week(its in December but chances of wifey bumping into him closer to my birthday are slim!!!

Hey ho…

5 Likes

Don’t know which game will on TV tonight, Liverpool vs. Arsenal or Spurs vs. Haifa???

1 Like

Fucking math?

You’re from Yorkshire not Wyoming.

Math*S*

10 Likes