Pre Match | Liverpool vs. Arsenal | PL Matchday 3 | Monday September 28th 20:00h | Anfield

This post falls in the genre of factual fiction.

7 Likes

Arsenal always get smashed just when they think theyā€™re half decent,i think weā€™ll run over them 4-0.

11 Likes

I think we owe Arteta one. Canā€™t think of any managers who have beaten us twice in a few monthsā€¦ certainly not in the last few years.

7 Likes

Well a win and a draw. :grinning:

4 Likes
2 Likes

Arteta has them improving and looks to be an up and coming young manager. Early days, but I think heā€™s made a decent start as manager.

The community shield was just a friendly, and we didnā€™t have the intensity we needed, but still should have won the game. Arsenal lifting the trophy puts a little something in the recent memory bank for them, and I donā€™t want to overstate that, but we could have done with beating them and keeping them fearful of us.

The best way to put that right is with two wins in quick succession, and I think thatā€™s what we will get.

In a strange way Arsenalā€™s recent victory over us, along with their improvement under Arteta, will help us. We will want to show we are better and I think we will, with a fairly comfortable victory.

3-1 Liverpool

No clean sheet, as Aubameyang is a tremendous player, but we will have three goals of our own, plus other missed chances.

Arteta is starting to shit me. Lightweight mini me Pep.

Anyway first pick Thiago then the rest.

Canā€™t wait to dust em.

1 Like

First pick MF, very likely, but Iā€™d reckon Allie, VVD, Mo, Sadio, Trent, and Robboā€™s names may already be there. I am looking forward to Thiago leading from the midfield, and breaking down a mediocre Arsenal defense.

1 Like

They will really be up for this one. So itā€™s all guns blazing from the start. This is a game where a good crowd would have made a massive difference. Go hard lads.

2 Likes

Arsenal will play their B team for the League Cup fixture as well. Iā€™d go in with the best possible team on this one. Dropping Gomez as heā€™s just back in training and he can play in the League cup fixture. Also not sure on Henderson, If heā€™s deemed fit, He gets in ahead of Gini

TAA Fabinho VVD Robbo
Gini Thiago Keita
Salah Bobby Mane

2 Likes

This game is far tougher than Chelsea for me. Arteta is making Arsenal a much stronger force. 2-1 I hope.

3 Likes

Iā€™d start with
Alisson
TAA Fab VVD Robbo
Keita Milner Gini
Mo Bobby Mane
Sub Thiago in for Milner in the 2nd half and whomever of our front 3 is having a bad day for Minamino.
2-0 Reds

1 Like

I cannot see Milner starting ahead of Thiago, its just not going to happen.

I think the biggest decision rests on Gomez/Hendo fitness. If neither are 100% then Fabinho at CB and Keita with Gini and Thiago in midfield.

Maybe a big call on Minamino to start ahead of Firmino?

2 Likes

Millie has an outside chance instead of Keita if Fabinho is at CB. But the more I think about the game, the more I feel he will go with Gomez at CB and Fabinho in midfield. Gini at RCM, Thiago LCM.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t rule out Fab in defense but I think Klopp would go for Gomez especially against Arsenalā€¦ Fab/Thiago/Keita for the midā€¦

There are quite a few considerations for this game:

1. Do we completely prioritize the PL and play our best team or do we mix slightly and trust the squad?
  2. We have 3 games in short succession with the Villa game not long after so rest will be short

Personally I think we are strong enough to mix it up.

vs. Arsenal in PL
TAA Fabinho VVD Robbo
Gini Thiago Grujic
Salah Firmino Mane

(rationale: Henderson not ready, while Keita or Jones would leave us with too little protection for Thiagoā€™s second game while Milner is another good option. Grujic though would allow us to have Thiago pick and choose when to join the attack. Ideally we would have Fabinho next to Thiago but he is at CB)

vs. Arsenal in Carabao
Williams Gomez Fabinho Tsimikas
Milner Jones Keita
Shaqiri Origi Minimino
(Still a very strong team. Gomez to returnā€¦ worried about VVD having so many games and then international duty so early in the season so Iā€™d play Fabinho in his place as we have midfield depth if God forbid he gets worn out or injured)

vs. Villa in PL
TAA Fabinho VVD Robbo
Gini Thiago Henderson
Salah Firmino Mane
(Henderson to returnā€¦ not rushing him)

1 Like

The league game is the priority, get the 3 points then change the team for Thursday. Carabou Cup should have been scrapped for this season, in my opinion, along with meaningless international fixtures.

3 Likes

Taking a bunch into consideration

Arsenal are playing some solid footy. Not to be taken lightly, this match sets the tone for the next few months as it will keep us at the top spots of the table.

As always we will put forth the strongest XI for Klopp. I suspect we will see Joe returning to partner Virgil. Trent struggles with PEA, so I will take a leap that we will see Fab and Thiago in the middle with Gini. What a midfield 3 that will be. Thiago on the right to help Trent and Joe with Aubameyangā€™s threat.

Allison
TAA, Gomez, VvD, Robbo
Thiago, Fabinho, Gini
Salah, Bobby, Mane

These lot will not go away quietly. Hoping to see Klopp isolate/concentrate the attack on Sideshow Bob as he is the weak link in their defensive setup, and anytime they have a lapse itā€™s through him.

Robbo should have few issues with Pepe

1 Like

I thought it was the 8pm Sunday kickoff and now I feel disappointed haha

1 Like