Pre Match | Liverpool vs. Arsenal | PL Matchday 3 | Monday September 28th 20:00h | Anfield

Yeah, worst possible time for our matches. Monday stupid day, late at night, everyone already played, too much waiting…

1 Like
1 Like

Alisson picking up injuries a lot
Arsenal are the one team who can beat us of late.
Has to be bollocks. We haven’t played for 7 days.

Tuesday, 2 AM :flushed:

Champions League games are enough troubles :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Alison, Thiago and Hendo that’s a huge loss if true… We need to start well against Arsenal and go up like 2 or 3 goals up before half time like previous seasons… 1 goal is not sufficient as you know PEA and Lacazatte can nick a goal anytime.

Is this a wind up…I hope not.

The bad news is obvious. The good news is all hope isn’t lost.

1 Like

I’m sure we will do just fine.

2 Likes

Hopefully Thiago just minor and able to start tomorrow, with Henderson already confirmed as out. Same with Alisson. Adrian is a good back up but would rather we not have to have him in.

The beauty of the situation is that we have many options for midfield, so even if Fab has to drop back to CB again to cover for Gomez, we have Keita, Milner, Jones, Gini, and Taki to pick from. That’s still a better selection than Arsneal in the middle.

Expect Klopp not to fuck about here and go with our strongest line up possible, then rotate for the LC game.

4 Likes

I’m not to worried about Arsenal tomorrow. I personally think our lads will send them home crying for their Mums.
I do hope Gomez isn’t starting on defense. Just my humble opinion but I don’t really like his playing ability.

Anyway it should be a great matchup and you just know the best team will win, and who is that???—————-LIVERPOOL!

1 Like

Yeah, this is really exciting. Looking at the squad we are assembling, all I want is for each and everyone of them, regardless of how indispensable they may be, to look around and think “Fuck, if I don’t perform I will be warming the bench”.

Nothing like a bit of competition to raise the stakes and with the personalities JK has assembled in the squad, I know they will all welcome the challenge of a little competition from one of the new boys taking their spot.

To coin a phrase (thanks @Kopstar), it gives me half a chub looking at the squad we have available to us now.

With Thiago and Alisson possibly out and Hendo definitely out, I think it would be a difficult game and at most a win for us in the narrowest of margins.

4-0 to us.

7 Likes

It’s injury situations like these that absolutely justify us looking to fill each position with as much talent as possible.

Years ago we would be hit with one or two injuries and it would almost end our season.

5 Likes

I know Klopp doesnt want to reveal his cards too early but going by Klopp’s record with press conferences i would think Thiago and Allison are fit as he had mentioned that Hendo/Matip are the only ones out and Koumetio had started training.

Match day! :partying_face:

All I want is 3 points, 9/9 would not just be brilliant, but sort of essential now given that Everton and Leicester have achieved. Us doing that with Chelsea and Arsenal games out would be even better.

The hype arround Chelsea, United and City wore out, time for the same to happen with this ‘new’ gunners side and Arteta as well.

1 Like

Biggest concern would be Alissons fitness as the drop off is too steep with Adrian in goal. That being said Adrian has done a job before so it might not be such a big deal.

Would love to see more Taki involvement in this game, I know he played against Lincoln but i definitely think he can give us an edge going forward.

Alisson

TAA, Fabinho, VVD, Robertson

Thiago
Wijnaldum, Keita

Salah, Firmino, Mane

Subs for use: Jones, Taki, Jota

1 Like

We won all 9 league games that Adrian started in goal last year iirc. The worst that we can say about him is that the guy does just enough to win. Have some faith!

4 Likes

Don’t mind Adrian against most other teams, but given Aubameyang’s recent success against us would be nice to have Alisson in goal for this game. Not the end of the world mind you, just it would be good to have Alisson available.

2 Likes

Arteta essentially preparing Arsenal’s fans for ten men behind the ball tonight:

2 Likes

@nikz200 Thiago Alcantara is a doubt too. However Milner can do the job.