Pre Match | Liverpool vs. Arsenal | PL Matchday 3 | Monday September 28th 20:00h | Anfield

Please, please, please say this is not true.

2 Likes

With Thiagos injury record we should get used to him not being able to play 3 games a week. He is coming from a league with 18 teams, just one cup competition and less intensity.

Well, someone had to write this :grimacing:

7 Likes

Yes the drop off is big from Adrian to Alisson and no doubt if the big man cant play Ill have my heart in my mouth every time Adrian is near the ball but the abuse Adrian is taking on Twitter for a guy who has never lost a league game for us is disgusting.

People suggesting we get Nick Pope, Lloris etc as back up.

6 Likes

Adrian is more than capable. He’s only been doubted since his blooper against Atletico , apart from that he’s been solid as a rock.

Would hate to see Thiago injured so early into his Liverpool career though. That really wouldn’t bode well for the future.

2 Likes

Really wouldn’t be surprised if this was a bit of fucking about with Arsenal.

3 Likes

He is wrong though…

Getting nervy already. I fucking hate late KOs.

5 Likes

Not taking anything for granted tonight. Arteta’s doing well at Arsenal. This is the best I’ve seen them for a long time and defensively they are looking pretty solid.

I think Henderson is the bigger miss from the midfield than Thiago for this one. We miss his energy and leadership. If Alisson is out then that levels things up even more. There have been a few mad results already this season and there may be more with no crowds and home advantage largely gone but we really need to win this one. Ideal opportunity to crush the life and belief out of City after yesterday’s result.

9 Likes

Careful, mate. I think @Alright_Now has hacked your account.

4 Likes

Indeed, Hendo was missing in the last two games against Arsenal and I think he had some of his best games for us against them (even before Klopp came in).

A lot of their optimism stems from winning and drawing two games we didn’t really care that much about. If we play as we can, there is no cause for concern.

6 Likes

The way the premier league has started almost anything can happen in a game or even after the final whistle. Lots of penalties been given and the away teams seem to be benefiting, tonight game is 50/50 i think. Hopefully we smash them.

1 Like

A lot of our optimism stems from convincing ourselves that we didn’t care about the last two games against them. If we’re not at our best, there is cause for concern.

1 Like

You think?

1 Like

I want to be positive but I just think the gunners will beat us tonight.

These late kickoffs on Monday night are very avoidable. I am sure we will hammer Arsenal again. Its been overdue. My only concern is Allison and Thiago should be fit… Gomez as CB, Fab/Thiago/Keita in the middle…

Arsenal are getting themselves pretty excited. Just seen Martin Keown say that Arteta “has Klopp’s number” tactically. They really seem to fancy themselves after that win at the Emirates.

What they also seem to forget about that game at the Emirates is that they were completely dominated. They had two shots, both of which were given to them by our own sloppy play, and scored two goals. Liverpool controlled possession, had far more shots and far more chances. This was a Liverpool team that had already visibly switched off by the way.

The Community Shield is a glorified friendly which meant a lot more to them as a “rising” team than it did to us. And they failed to win.

Anfield, under the lights, against a motivated Liverpool side, is a totally different challenge than they have faced the last two times we played.

6 Likes

The joys that even with Thiago and Henderson missing we can still lineup as Fabinho, Gini and Keita… Haha scenes.

6 Likes

The last league game we were superb for the first half an hour. Later no, it was more of a dead game, we couldn’t create much. In the Charity Shield we deserved a bit more, but they also caused us problems. Their goal, starting from the keeper and playing through all of our press, was the best example. We remain favourites and clearly the better side. But we can’t be lazy and say “it’s the same old Arsenal”, because it’s clear that Artera brought in some order, and they have certain tools which can counter us. We might still give them a good slap here and there, because they just started their process, what, less than a year ago. Recent events show me that I shouldn’t be surprised if this proves to be more of a tricky game than before, a few years ago.

2 Likes

Arteta has our number but we’ve blocked the soft cunt.

12 Likes