Pre Match: Liverpool vs Aston Villa 10/04/21 3pm

Important game for us, we can still qualify for top 4 but need to win games like this at home.

I am opening this thread in the hope that my 100% winning streak continues!

14 Likes

A belated birthday present for @Mascot - I won’t be watching this game, so he will finally be able to get the first post in the post-match thread. :birthday:

10 Likes

Never been a better time to start a winning run at home.

First win at Anfield in 2021 needed here to stay in that race for 4th.

And then a win + result needed against Real.

Don’t care about personal and tactics.
Players need to understand that our season could be over in the next 8 days.

4 Likes

I reckon there’s something fishy going on between you two.

I bet you’ve got a huge tache and you probably have little giggles behind the bike sheds

2 Likes

Ok, let’s move on from the Madrid debacle, we owe Villa big time and 3 points is a must from this game, nothing less. But I’m afraid Robbo needs to be rested for this one, he looks absolutely spent.

5 Likes

Need to move on quick.

Alisson
Trent Nat Kabak Robbo
Thiago Fab Curtis
Mo. Jota. Origi.

Have to drop Sadio. Love him but he’s been shite for too long. Think Bobby still needs his break. Can divock do anything? Maybe so, you can start.

Would think of starting Neco or Kostas if needed

We need to move on, again, after that 1st half none performance against Real Madrid. Nice chance here however only if we go in with some attitude.

Villa doing well.
I think we will be lucky to get point here on last nights performance.
We’ve been shit at home this season and villa are much better than everyone we’ve lost at home to bar city.

1 Like

Their away record this year is not good.

W2 D2 L4 scored 6 goals in 8 games.

Their 2 wins were both 1-0 so we can not allow them to take the lead.

Ref as it stands is Paul Tierney.

Erm… have you seen our home record? :grimacing:

4 Likes

We owe these fuckers for that 7-2. Hopefully the team shows a bit of fight, desire and heart for once…

Milner must start.

3 Likes

Need to batter Villa here or our season is pretty well done.
Sadly we are not playing anywhere near well enough in the echo chamber which is an empty Anfield,so the finger needs to come out now.

1 Like

Time for Tsimikas to start and rest Robo. A must win here if we want to finish in 4th. Milner for Keita
as we need someone out there with leadership and determination.

1 Like

Villa team news from WhoScored:

• Jack Grealish was expected to return from injury against Fulham last weekend only to suffer a set-back in his recovery. It seems unlikely he will feature here.
  • Trezeguet scored twice from the bench against Fulham last weekend to win the game for Villa and he will hope to be rewarded with a start here.
  • John McGinn was pushed into a more advanced role against Fulham instead of Ross Barkley but the ex-Everton midfielder will hope to face old rivals Liverpool on Saturday.
  • Morgan Sanson has found starts tough to come by since joining Villa in January but will hope to keep his place in the side here. Jacob Ramsey and Marvelous Nakamba are other options for Dean Smith.
2 Likes

Fucking hell, do we have to wait that long?

Not joking aside, I actually think if we beat Villa we’ll be clear favourites for top 4.

Milner in for Trent, Tsimikas in for Robbo, same CB’s, Tiago, Fabinho and Jones in midfield, Jota, Salah and Bobby up top.

Up the fucking Reds!!

1 Like

That’s my opinion too. Far too many people jumping the gun in writing us off for top four.

Need to beat Villa though.

Villa are not Madrid but nethier are they mugs… get a result here and whatever happens against Madrid we can still achieve something out this shite season

Not for me.

Villa (H)
Leeds (A)
Newcastle (H)
ManU (A)

We need a situation where we don’t have to win at Old Toilett.

1 Like

Has Origi recovered from his injury then? :crazy_face: