Pre Match: Liverpool vs Aston Villa 10/04/21 3pm

I predict lots of long balls in behind Trent/Nat. Watched them the weekend and they looked fairly ordinary for most of the game and then banged in 3 goals in less than 10 minutes.

Robertson, Wijnaldum and Mane badly needs a breather. Unfortunately, we barely have any adequate alternatives. The best I can think of is

Alisson
TAA Nat Kabak Milner
Fabinho
Curtis Thiago
Shaqiri
Salah Jota

Frankly, Iā€™m not even sure whatā€™s worse at the moment; playing fringe players or playing players on the fringes.

1 Like

Sorry didnā€™t know where to post thisā€¦when a free kick is given, ref sprays the free kick spot then walks 10 yards and sprays the ā€˜foam lineā€™ for the defendersā€¦Do the defenders have to use this line or could they go even further back, thus making the trajectory even steeperā€¦just a thought watching PSG and BM and Do Maria!!!

Thatā€™s the closest they can be to where the free kick is being taken but they can go further if they like.

Just wondered why they didnā€™t go further backā€¦cheers.

1 Like

Would it not make sense to go further back less goal to aim atā€¦

No, you make it easier for the taker to be able to get the ball on target as he can use a flatter trajectory instead of having to concentrate on up and over. Also, the further back you go the ā€˜narrowerā€™ the wall becomes in relation to the ball placement and goal making it easier to bend around. You actually make the wall ā€˜smallerā€™, in relation to the ball and goal the further away it is.

You can do this very simply yourself by placing your hand in front of your eyes and then moving your hand further and further away. You will notice your vision becomes less impaired the further your hand moves away. The closer the wall is to the ball the better it is for the defending team and the shaving cream was brought about precisely to stop walls encroaching and making themselves bigger.

So what youā€™re saying isā€¦

Cripple fight!!!

1 Like

Is he injured ā€¦?

Cheersā€¦it just seemed that the draught excluder method seems to have appeared more often in gamesā€¦and the ā€˜defending wallsā€™ seem to be widerā€¦cheers once again.

1 Like

Alisson

Milner ā€“ Phillips ā€“ Kabak ā€“ Tsimikas

Fabinho ā€“ Thiago

Trent ā€“ Firmino ā€“ Jota

Salah

1 Like

On the 15th of last month it was reported he had a muscle injury.

1 Like

My bad missed that.

1 Like

Different!

Damn it, need 10 characters

1. Robbo needs a rest, so to allow a new player to play left back I think we need a proper leader in that backline. Step up Mr Milner.
  2. Mane needs a rest
  3. Trent is one of our most creative players so move him forward and he keeps the link up with Salah
  4. Bobby/Jota get another chance with the 4231 which worked well vā€™s Arsenal

Difficult to disagree with much of that to be honest. Cant see it happening but the logic certainly feels sound.

I do want to see a Thiago / Fabinho double pivot. I think it has the ingredients for something very special.

If Tsimikas doesnt start this one then he might as well leave.
Been a total waste of Ā£11m so far. Hes must be doing something not right in training that makes klopp think that he cannot rest Robbo for a game every so often.

At this stage of the season and with the situation we are in it could cost us the Top4. Even more likely than starting Keita against Real did.

Yeah Klopp probably thinks now isnt the time to play Tsimikas. But he couldve got a few games earlier in the season maybe.

1 Like

Heā€™s been injured twice and had covid.