Pre Match: Liverpool vs Aston Villa 10/04/21 3pm

Great, the Liverpool-hating dwarf again. :face_vomiting:

Btw, is the poster boy of diving fit?

:diving_mask: :question: :question: :question:

Jack Grealish

1 Like

Over the last 3 seasons these 5 have had little rest.

Salah 142 games.
Mane 138
Wiji 135
Trent 132
Andy 137.

1 Like

Interesting. Yet Salah seems the least burnt out of the lot.

2 Likes

I think that whilst the likes of Salah doesnā€™t look burnt outā€¦ I wonder if itā€™s why they just donā€™t seem to have that extra sparkā€¦ Salah seems to run into players all the time, something he hardly did last year, wonder if mentally heā€™s a little frazzled. Similar all of them.

1 Like

Salah played less mins/game, he was often substituted. But as I mentioned in the Salah Thread, his endurance went well under radar. Wijnaldum and Robertson have been more intensely used, specially this season.

Robertson took six freaking months to replace freaking You Can Always Expect A Disaster Moreno. If Tsimikas takes a year to become an able deputy of one of the Worldā€™s best LB, itā€™s a steal.

3 Likes

The game management worked really well against Arsenal so I would expect to see the likes of Milner and possibly the Ox switching positions at some point in the game.

Overall we need consistency and that means not needlessly buggering around with the formation. I donā€™t know what Klopp was trying against Real but Iā€™d rather he kept that for preseason friendlies. Keep players in the positions that they can naturally play in.

1 Like

Would like to see Klopp give some game time to those weā€™ve not seen much of, whilst resting up for Madrid who will have to go full throttle against Barca on the weekend, and they looked done after 60 minutes against us.

Big question is, does Klopp rotate and hope to pull 3 points out the bag against Villa, but given the form, a loss could hugely damage the chance of a Top 4 spot, so that the players have the legs for the return leg against Real. Or, does he go full strength and focus on the 3 points and see where we are afterwards in terms of fitness.

Also, Iā€™d like to see Naby startā€¦we know heā€™s better than the 38 mins he put in on Tuesday, and if he doesnā€™t show it in the next 8 games, I think his time will be well and truly up.

2 Likes

Revenge is best served cold, and we are pretty damn cold right now, so bring it on.

Welcome to the introductory game of ā€œWho is the least shit at them momentā€¦ā€

Phase 1 of the game: Choose a base of 5 - 7 players, these will be the foundation of the team.
Phase 2 of the game: Choose the remaining 4-6 players based on who is the least shit at this point in time.

My phase 1, 7 players:

Ali

1* Kabak Phillips 2*

Fab

Thiago 3*

Mo Jota 4*

My phase 2, 4 players (My choice in red):

1* (Trent, Milner, Davies)
2* (Robbot, Tsimikas, Davies,Milner)
3* (Milner, Jones, Ox, Keita, Gini, Milner,Shaq)
4* (Shaq, Origi, Mane, Firmino, Jones)

1 Like

We go hard for 60 mins then fucking sub everyone

Ali
TAA Phillips Kabak Kostas
Fabinho Millie
Salah Firmino Mane
Jota

60 mins Salah, Fabinho and Jota off for Origi, Ox and Shaq

Then we go

Ali
TAA Phillips Kabak Kostas
Ox Millie Shaq
Mane Firmino Origi

Thatā€™s assuming we have a healthy lead.

We owe these fuckers too

1 Like

The next two home games will have the same scores.

ouija board GIF by Shudder

1 Like

Letā€™s hope thatā€™s 2-0 or 4-1 minimum then

1 Like

Field strongest team possible against Villaā€¦ As there is slim to no chance we come through our tie with Madridā€¦

Fight to the end for top 4

5 Likes

Apparently, Grealish is out until May.

1 Like

Beat me to it.

2 Likes

A huge bonus, but then again Ramos and Varane was supposed to be a huge bonus.

1 Like

Got a feeling for the RMadrid second leg, Fab will drop back into defense alongside Kabak.

This game, Nat will continue with Kabak.

One of Salah or Mane will be on the bench, with Bobby returning. Milner also to come in to give them lads a bollocking if they are not up to speed.

Will games be cancelled? Re Prince Phillipā€™s death.