Pre Match: Liverpool vs Aston Villa 10/04/21 3pm

League should be null and void after such an untimely death of a loveable rogue.

8 Likes

I agree, can’t be playing meaningless football when someone so dear to the countries hearts has died.

Cancel it all, bar the Masters golf I need to watch something this weekend.

1 Like

Interesting article by Tony Evans.

One of the thing that has to be remembered is the fact that we used absolutely the same midfield 3 /Fabinho, Wijnaldum and Keita/ against Villa and Real Madrid and in both matches we were totally outplayed/.
Those 3 look like a very solid and capable midfield on paper. Fab gives stability, Gini is the runner and can keep the ball and is responsible defensively, while Keita is a very good presser and the most creative.

As I said it looks perfect on paper, but on the field they looked awfully unprepared and mediocre. So Klopp must figure out his best 3 in midfield whn Hendo is missing for a long time. And if Keita can’t work with 2 of the usual starters in midfield, it means a big problem for his future here.

Hopefully this summer the club will sign at least 3 quality players - central defender /Kabak for me is fine/, central midfielder /Aouar/ and a forward /Antony, Gio Reyna/. This team and the manager need injection of youth, ambition and quality. As I said, hopefully the owners and Edwards will deliver the right players.

Phil the Greek died.
Kostas the Greek should start.

Apart from that, just get the win lads. We are running on fumes, too much football has been played, too much adversity has piled up against us this season, etc.

And yet… top four is very doable. But not if we continue to splutter.

Whereas the last sequence was a match, two days gap, then a match, this is three days gap, match, then three days gap, so no need to rest anyone really.

We’ve got to ensure we chase top 4 above all else, especially with those around us all having matches against each other during the run in.

Personally I think we use Fabinho in midfield mostly, but drop him back to centre back against the very best forwards.

1 Like

I do not want to see Fab in defence ever again. Unless he has 3 midfield playing brothers who are better defensive midfielders than him and we sign all 3… not to start but 1 to start and the other 2 for cover for when the first one gets injured.

Almost guarantees Champions league exit so. Madrid will score 2 or 3 goals with Nat there.

I remember we were guaranteed a champions league exit a few years ago when we were 3-0 down to Barcelona without Salah and Firmino starting too.

Funny old game ey?

2 Likes

We were probably in slightly better form then and the game was played in an atmosphere which made Barcelona shit their pants. Wednesday night, the atmosphere will resemble that of a mortuary. We need to win 2-0, it’s not impossible and as you say, it’s a funny old game.

3 Likes

We’ll probably be 2-0 up early. Madrid will score on 85 mins and then We’ll score 2 in injury time

1 Like

But anyway… back to today.

4-0 I am going.
Salah x 2 Mane and Fuck it - Phillips header.

2 Likes

Mane might get a rest with Jota taking his place, same with Andy and Simikas, play 442 diamond in midfield.

2 Likes

Think Mane needs to play to rediscover his form.

Flip side is he needs a rest… dunno

Last Tuesday’s Iberian debacle has I fear, reduced our chances of qualification for that competition (by way of lifting the trophy), to somewhat less than that of a snowball’s in hell.

So, without any sense of irony or fear of causing offence to @GermanRed, it is self-evident that:

This is the most important game of the season, well at least it will be until the next one. It’s an absolutely must win game.

Not only do we desire revenge for the reverse fixture, but every point gained has a value beyond pearls, ivory, gibbons and peacocks, if we are to somehow claim a top four spot.

And a win will most certainly lift the temper in the Lowton household, which has been a tad morose for the last week, as it is always when the Mem has one of her moods.

I could see Boudica was steamed up about something. Her eyes were wild, and there was in her manner a suggestion of the hart panting for cooling streams when heated in the chase. And her first words told me that my diagnosis had been correct.

These ran along the lines that if posters like @Klopptimist were skinned alive and dipped in boiling oil, this would be a better and sweeter world.

It was obvious that there was pique on her part, and even dudgeon. Evidently it would only be a question of time before the unfortunate fellow would be slung out of this Paradise on his ear like Lucifer, son of the morning.

What, I wondered, had been the genesis of the Mem’s opinion. Then it struck me instantly that there could be but one solution of the mystery; Klopptimist’s attempt to besmirch the Lowton family name by making false and disparaging allegations regarding our behaviour at local litter picking expeditions!

Boudica confirmed this to be the case.

Like many another thinker before me, I was depressed by the reflection that nothing ever goes just right in this pig-headed world. Always there is the fatal snag in the path that pulls you up sharp when the happy ending seems in sight.

I consoled the Mem, advising her that I would inform the forum never to believe his word, not even if he brought it to them on a plate with watercress round it. Despite the fact that Klopptimist is a man who tucks his shirt into his underpants, his reputation as a teller of truth has never been one to invite scrutiny.

However, the shock caused by his behaviour has been severe. If a meteorite had entered through the open window and struck me behind one of my ears, I might have been more taken aback, but not very much so. When I was able to speak, which was not immediately, I said:

This game has all the makings of a potential banana skin! (well someone had to say it) :roll_eyes:

I’ll take a scrappy 1-0 win to us. :astonished:

5 Likes

Maybe if @Lowton_Red starts saying he’ll take a 5-0 mauling to us… we might sneak the scrappy win… aim higher!

1 Like

That’s the last time I stable the Mem’s fire-breathing unicorns :unicorn: in my attic…

I note the bypass was particularly litter rich earlier today, maybe a testament to your liturgical waxings of her highness rather than getting out there and actually picking up Big Mac wrappers?

As for a snowball’s chance in hell against Real, any team can beat any other team in any match if the planets align. I’m sure the Mem knows the correct spell?

For today, handsome victory for the mighty liverpool building fabulous confidence in preparation for the Barca esq thrashing in the week. Never say never and never say die.

Pint outside the Robin Hood on Monday in celebration?

5 Likes

I wonder what are the chances of Naby starting today. I’d say he shouldn’t but if he has had a boot up the arse this week maybe it would be best for him to start?

Or he could be complete dog shite again.

I have given up trying to predict our line ups. Very unpredictable.

So happy that I still haven’t drawn the attention of Boudica. Phew.

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will come good with the formation, personnel and tactics to get us the three points and a much needed win prior to us meeting Madrid in the week.

COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

1 Like