Pre Match | Liverpool vs Brighton | PL Matchday 10 | Saturday October 30th 15:00h | Anfield

https://fb.watch/8WGDQ7dtVD/

1 Like

Owen Beck, Isaac Christie-Davies, Conor Bradley, Kaide Gordon, Marcelo Pitaluga and Liam Hughes were all in first team training also.

1 Like

I cant handle this.

Animated GIF

3-0 com’on we all know it’s on!

Brighton are in a good position. But it should be remembered that it’s largely due to their good start. They are without a win in five.

3 Likes

Konate’s left foot needs improving, missed the bloody goal.

:joy:

1 Like

He’s not still at the club, surely?

I’m stupid sorry.

Elijah Dixon-Bonner.

1 Like

You sure it wasn’t Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain?

1 Like

Now I think about it, it was actually Trent Alexander-Arnold.

2 Likes

Sure it wasn’t Florent Sinama-Pongolle?

4 Likes

Steady on, this isn’t United. Brighton are further up the league for a start!

2 Likes

Good family man

Ali
Trent Matip VVD Robbo
Henderson Fab Naby
Salah Bobby Mané

Thiago and Jota the used subs.

2 Likes

First match I ever went to in my life was Brighton.

Can’t remember if it was vs. Tranmere Rovers or Halfax…way back in 1970 at the Goldstone Ground.

Was in England to go to school. (I was raised in South America so was a football fan already)

Went to the ground every other saturday, paid my entry and stood on the hill and watched the spectacle. Fascinated…so different to Peruvian football.

I digress…but context is important.

In 71 I was walking down the street somewhere in Hove and came across a group of people outside of a shop looking through the window.

The owner of the shop had placed several coloured televisions facing toward the street and the cup final was in progress.

I didn’t even know what the FA Cup was…

I joined the crowd watching the red team play against the yellow team. I remember it was brilliant sunshine…

I remember Steve Heighway getting the first goal in extra time. I don’t remember Graham’s equaliser, but do remember Charlie George’s winner.

That was the day I decided Liverpool would be my team…

So…after all that here’s my input.

1. I want to see us win the match.
  2. I want to see a clean match. No yellows, reds or injuries.
  3. I want to see an entertaining match going end to end…an exhibition of football.
  4. i want to see Mo, Bobby, and Sadio pick up a goal each.
  5. i want to see Alisson keep a clean sheet but earning it through saves.
  6. i want to see Brighton given credit for a match well-played.

Too much to ask for? I hope not.

Brighton are my ex-wife…still love her but it was too early.

Focus, composure are the recurring theme here. It’s worked so far.

10 Likes

Think Thiago will start if he is fit.
Jones played full match on Tuesday, Naby possibly not 100% fit?
I think our best three is arguably Fabinho Hendo and Thiago.

Up front its Mane for me, he will be wild to ho after “rest” vs Utd. Jota on bench.

Konate will start with VVD.

1 Like

I think Konate gets the nod to partner Van Dijk. This club don’t spend £40m on squad players. They’ll have in mind that he is going to be a key player going forward. After his excellent display against Utd, he should get chance to build on it.

I’d like to see Naby get the midfield spot if he’s ready. Again, he was brilliant against Utd and needs a run of games to cement that. I think it might be a bit soon for Thiago.

And I think Jota drops to the bench to make way for the usual three.

5 Likes

Totally agree…figure out how to make this match work to give Kunate time to work with VVD and give Keita more time on the pitch.

This is a great opportunity to do both.

1 Like

Unless Thiago is 100% which he rarely is, he usually is an option off the bench for the second half. I don’t feel Klopp will take a risk on him.

I don’t know how many matches he’s started this season but at a guess I could count them on one finger.

2 Likes

It’s a difficult one and I don’t think anyone could be particularly surprised if either Konaté or Matip lineup.

Keeping in mind Matip didn’t lose his spot due to performances ( has looked our best CB this season) or through injury, but because Klopp though Ibou was the better fit against United, he could very easily switch back to Matip and it wouldn’t be a slight against Ibou.

I could see, and I hope to see, Klopp flip-flopping between the two throughout the season to keep Matip from breaking down, but also because Ibou really is our future.

I’m happy either way. If Gomez is thrown into that equation, even better.

6 Likes