Pre Match | Liverpool vs Brighton | PL Matchday 10 | Saturday October 30th 15:00h | Anfield

We also know now that Virgil is not unbreakable and because of that it is even more important to give the other three CBs games now.

If we are through to the CL K.O. stage after Wednesday for example I would not want to see VvD start in the remaining two group games for example.

4 Likes

Agreed. Might need to have a word with Mo as well. It won’t go down well, but the example of Jota last season should be front of mind.

Mind you, I don’t think Milan or Porto will be flying into tackles like Mdjitland were.

1 Like

Im a big fan of trying to keep hold of form in the CL group stages to carry over to the R16, and at minimum try to top the group. If we are guaranteed to top the group with a game to spare, then I’d still take a strong team into the last game but yes, perhaps that’s a good time for some Virg rest.

3 Likes

I don’t think we’d go full U18s, but I’d expect a team based around the first team squad that don’t make the first eleven.

Good luck telling Mo he’s being rested! The guy could play every match he’s a machine.

He wants to dominate everything this year, and so far you can’t argue against the man.

5 Likes

Sophie Ellis-Bextor was out there yesterday. She is looking sharp.

2 Likes

The moment when you miss the moment with your dad joke… /whistles :wink:

Tv Show Lol GIF

2 Likes

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game.

COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

2 Likes

That was the game that got me hooked on the Reds as well.

COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

3 Likes

That was the second time I shed tears over Liverpool and certainly not the last

3 Likes

Seems Fabinho has one of those injuries that goes on for a while, probably won’t see him to the break now

So looks like Fabinho might miss this one as well. Not 100% out, but by the quotes and sound of Klopp, he’s probably out.

I guess we’ll have to play Hendo at #6, Jones and then hope that there’s enough game time in Naby or for Naby and Ox to share the 90 minutes for the other #8 position.

For me, it’s a little extra reason to keep Jota in the XI and then possibly think about giving the place on the bench to Morton.

2 Likes

Not necessarily, Klopp spoke about him just for this game. We’ll see what’s up with the following games.

Just feels like it.

On the plus side I think Naby can do a full 90 so it’s Naby, Jones and Hendo for me.

I would feel Thiago could be back for Wednesday in some way when they hit team training they usually return quickly nowadays.

Seems to have been a change in how it works

1 Like

Down to 4 fit (or match ready) CM’s at the moment. Depending how the game goes, we can also potentially shift to 4-2-3-1. We have Hendo and then Keita and Jones can also do a job at double-six.

2 Likes

The club will be making some welcome changes for this game. They’ve reduced the cost of a pint of beer to £2.90 as a welcome back gesture and seats at the back of the lower tier of the Anfield Road stand will have been converted to provide a further 1,900 rail seats (to go with the 1,800 already installed in the Kop). Over the next few months those will be increased to 6,000 rail seats in the Anfield Road End on a trial basis. This is separate to the ongoing redevelopment work to that end which continues to progress at the rear.

Has anyone here got any experience of sitting in the new rail seats yet?

1 Like

I don’t see how Thiago can be considered one of our three best midfielders based on what we have seen of him in Liverpool shirt so far. Naby has been in training so I think he will start.

1 Like

not feeling too confident about this match namely because of the number of midfielders we have injured.

We weren’t at our best against United (Even though we still creamed them with ease 5-0) but Brighton are a well coached team even if they aren’t scoring that many this season so far.

We’ll need to up our game on this one by another 10% over the man utd performance.

I’ll start with
Allison
Trent Matip VVD Tsimikas
Keita Henderson Jones
Salah Bobby Mane

Tsimikas over Robertson is because we would need to give Robbo a break and Tsimikas would offer something different on the attacking front.

Jota gets a go in the second half.

The difficulty is with the midfield. We’ll probably be better the next fixture as Fabinho and Thiago could come back from injury but we need to get through this with as little harm done as possible. The only other midfielders we have in stock right now are Ox , Minamino & then the youngsters in Morton.

We might need to think about using Neco Williams and Joe Gomez as stop gaps if the situation persists.

This won’t be as critical a problem as what we faced last year with our CB’s but I’ll be looking forward to getting a CM this transfer window especially w.r.t the injury records of Ox,Thiago,Keita,Henderson.

There were some of us calling for that in the summer, but what do we know?

2 Likes