Pre Match | Liverpool vs Burnley | PL Matchday 19 | Thursday January 21st 20:00h | Anfield

A win is a must in this one but the games are not getting easier.

Anyone interested in form? Doesn’t really matter. Burnley are shit BUT the last time Ginger Mourinhos team conceded more than one goal was in November. Their backline works as good as ever.

So, glad that we are so good in breaking down those deep defending teams atm :scream:

Going a bit radical with my lineup (knowing that it won’t happen). Would drop Gini and one of the Front3 (just to put some pressure on them).

Alisson
TAA Matip Fabinho Robertson
Henderson
Shaqiri Thiago Jones
Salah Mané

Y.N.W.A.

10 Likes

This is gonna be another WBA.
They will just sit.
Need to sore early here.

5 Likes

Like we did against West Bromwich Albion you mean … :wink:

3 Likes

Oh dear, another bunch of…

9 Likes

Dear me but I see no reason for optimism. Our best centre-halves are injured, our best midfielders are playing centre-halves and our offence could not ‘score’ if they were in a brothel.

Liverpool-Burnley 0-1.

2 Likes

Well it’s not as if we don’t know what to expect. It’s not just the West Broms and Burnleys of the world who know the best way to nullify our attack is to sit deep. Every fucker is at it now. We have to find a way around it and quick.

I’d definitely go with Shaq again and I’d even consider throwing Origi up front with orders to put himself about.

More dropped points here and a rut suddenly becomes a full-blown crisis.

2 Likes

You’re seriously predicting that Burnley are about to end our 3yr unbeaten home run ?

6 Likes

Would not surprise me the way we play. One counterattack or a soft penalty could do the trick. Our front 3 are not scoring and when was the last time a midfield goal won the match for us?

BTW, Mike Dean is the referee and the newfound ‘friend’ of Wolves trainer Espirito Santo Lee Mason is the VAR. :rage:

1 Like

Matip, if fit, would replace Henderson in defence while I would try Shaqiri instead of Firmino in attack.

Does anyone fancy few more charges considering the upcoming FA Cup game?

Will Matip be fit for this one? It could be a game-changer for us, allowing Hendo to rejoin our midfield.

1 Like

Klopp said he will resume normal team training today and should be available on Thursday.

3 Likes
Alisson
Milner – Matip – Fabinho – Robbo
Henderson – Thiago – Jones
Mane – Salah – Minamino
3 Likes

We really need to try something different here because another 90 minutes of labouring to get past the bus would be soul-destroying.
Matip should be back so why not try a diamond of Hendo, Gini, Tiago and Shaq with Mane and Bobby/Mo up top? Tiago and Shaq’s ability to find a pass will be crucial here.
Mason on VAR is a worry. He’s another one who is at the scene of the crime too often for it to be co-incidence.
Think we’ll nick it 2-1.

5 Likes

Hallelujah !

2 Likes

Easy, it’s only Monday, Matip can injure himself taking a shower. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Bobby needs dropping, pains me to say it but he needs some time out to reflect. It’s all well and good missing piss easy shots when your allround game is top hero level, lose the 2nd and you become the villain.

3 Likes

That was mean :stuck_out_tongue:

If Matip is available, I would try something like this

Alisson
Thiago
Henderson Wijnaldum
Shaqiri
Salah Mane

or

Alisson
Thiago Henderson
Shaqiri Wijnaldum Mane
Salah
3 Likes

This, or a 4231 with Shaq behind that 3.

Mane on the right is the switch I really want to see. Stop relying on the full backs to provide the width all the time and stop the front 3 all moving into a congested central area.

We need to do better at providing that width when plan A doesn’t work. There have been a number of games before this period where I’ve thought the same (Atletico away, Everton away after lockdown). Switching Mane out there is just about the only option we have other than using Chamberlain or even Tsimikas on the left, neither of which are ideal.

2 Likes
Alisson
Trent - Matip - Fabinho - Robertson
Henderson - Thiago
Mané - Firmino - Shaqiri
Salah
2 Likes

Shaqiri on the left didn’t happen probably since his early Bayern days. Oh wait… it did for a few minutes against Barca when he put in that cross for Gini.

:joy:

2 Likes