Pre-Match | Liverpool vs. Chelsea | PL Matchday 27 (29) | Thursday March 4th 20:15h | Anfield Road

Chelsea will attack, and leave spaces behind. So starting Curtis makes sense if we want to optimize the situation. Milner may come in on the hour mark and do his dark-art to spoil their tempo.

3 Likes

Not optimistic but hopeful. We struggled to score against piss poor Sheffield and the two we scored against Leipzig was because they gifted them both to us. Chelsea will be much better going forward and I doubt they will be generous at the back. I’d accept a 0 - 0 but will have everything crossed we beat them. Thought Phillips / Kabak were okay last match but they weren’t exactly up against top drawer forwards. Even so I think we need to keep those two together to build up a partnership and hopefully improve, if we can have Fabinho in front protecting them that will help. Really hope Jota is back and replaces Bobby who has been poor for over a year. His shooting is terrible at the moment, the shot he ‘scored’ with last match was going well wide. Think Robertson could do with staying back after training and practice some shooting as he often gets in positions to shoot but you know it’s going to end up in row Z 95 times out of 100.
Keita looked lively in the brief cameo he had, let’s hope he stays fit and gets some minutes under his belt.

1 Like

Not feeling confident with kabak and anyone at cb. I haven’t had this feeling since phil babb

1 Like

Babb gave me more confidence than Kyrgiakos!

1 Like

Must not lose.

1 Like

Still around,mate…as we all are over here! :+1:

2 Likes

Really need to win this to stay in touch,but it will be a hard one.
Tuchel has the Chavs playing well,and we are not exactly at the top of our game.
If Fab is back expect him to start at CB,not keen as I ‘d prefer him in midfield,but nothing else is really nailing it at CB.Kabak and Nat might cut it,but a big ask for this one!
Hope Jota plays a role,he knew where the goal was before getting injured,and trust he hasn’t forgotten.
Bobby might be a bit happier now,too.

As we approach the business end it’s hard to believe we are sweating on Leicester, West Ham and the Bitters dropping points.

Just massive is this one. I do fear some of the attacking pace that our new/makeshift defence must deal with though. On the other hand it’s time we were a bit more clinical.

No chance Jota or Keita start but do expect game time. Hoping Fab and Ali are good to go.

3-1 LFC and we start mowing them all down…

1 Like

I’m not sweating that at all, they will but we must start scoring goals again. The other night, when Jones scored, it was the first time in ages that a midfielder scored the first goal. An sich that it is not a problem when our front three a firing on all cylinders but at the moment I was very pleased to see it happening and I thought: finally a midfielder scores the first goal.

1 Like

Jota hat-trick in the last 20 minutes :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Tuchel will over-think it against Klopp and fluff his lines. He’ll still be twitching from his last trip to Anfield with Dortmund in the Europa.
2 - 1 to the Redmen for Ian

6 Likes

He’s been back with PSG and sent packing then too!

3 Likes

In training at Kirkby today:

:ballot_box_with_check: Fabinho
:ballot_box_with_check: Jota
:ballot_box_with_check: Alisson
:ballot_box_with_check: Milner
:ballot_box_with_check: Keita
:ballot_box_with_check: Davies

What the fuck. :joy:

16 Likes
3 Likes

Attempt to win convincingly. The opponent is sub-par.

10 Likes

What???
:flushed::woozy_face:

1 Like

4 Likes

We need to get a run of good results going. Priority N°1 score goals followed closely by clean sheets.

2 Likes

So, Fabinho and Jota on the bench. I guess Alisson coming in will be the only change in the starting lineup.

2 Likes

It sounds as if he is looking to move Fab back to DM which would give the option of slotting in as a back 3 in defensive phases. That would free up Trent and Robbo to play as proper wing-backs again.

I’m assuming that Allison will play. Jota sounds doubtful.

2 Likes