Pre Match | Liverpool vs Chelsea | Wednesday January 31st 20:15

Just brilliant. What a half of football against a very stubborn and tough Chelsea side. We worked so hard, into them, and had quality all over the park.

I will limit the love to two players at this stage, but they all deserve it.

Bradley… wow! This lad is a baller. He can play, and he can finish too! Superb, smashed across the goalie to the bottom corner.

Darwin Nunez - this lad is a supreme baller. Up for it from the off. Shots firing in, laden with threat, showing for the ball, occupying defenders, stretching the play. He has had a fantastic half and there’s no way we should let the nay-sayer stick their oar in to say otherwise.

Ok, the penalty didn’t go in. Hit so well. So good, just 1cm off. Had he hit it 10% less it sails in, unsavable. But it is what it is.

I’m backing him to score in front of the Kop and feel the love.

We need to keep this up in the second half. If Chelsea score first it could get nervy. If we add a third we are floating.

5 Likes

Any penalty that doesn’t hit the target is a bad penalty mate. But it doesn’t change that Darwin has been electric.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/TheRedmenTV/status/1752802809508991138

No. Its a bad penalty. It was off target.
No idea why sozbo or mac didnt take ut.

Ale definately stronger than it should be. Bottom full of yeast. Yupp, yupp. Going to store those beutiful bastards for longer than expiry date from now on.

1 Like

I should say here that Nunez takes PKs for Uruguay…

Personally, I think a power penalty doesn’t need precision. You can sacrifice power and go for near the post, or go for power and play the percentages by not going so far wide.

Have you really not seen that this is just what we do with penalties and have been doing it for several years?

1 Like

No love for Mac who has mopped everything up and been birlliant on the ball?

1 Like

Darwin 12/12 from penalties in his career before today btw.

Personally would prefer Dom on them, but Darwin and Mac are both more than capable from the spot. All three are probably better takers than Mo.

2 Likes

Jota makes the game look so easy at times. Intricate passing, technical strategic setups, intense defensive drills… fuck that just run straight at them and knock it in from 10 yards out.

2 Likes

Yeah, and everyone saying why did we let him take it, he hasn’t ever missed one.

It wasn’t a good penalty, but it wasn’t a crazy decision to give it to him.

4 Likes

He had his ankle stamped on which is going to hurt like fuck. If he hasn’t strained anything it should be fine although probably bruised.

Time to smash these cunts even more.

3 Likes

Simply brilliant 45mins, best first half of this season. Few more goals please.

1 Like

Not at all! Lots of love for Mac, he’s had a brilliant game so far.

I limited myself to two players, but Mac, and most of them, have been excellent.

2 Likes

Conor Bradley though. Why are we all talking about Nunez missing a pen, when Bradley is doing that?

6 Likes

Conor Bradley 1 goal and 2 assists in his first 2 PL games.

Only concern is - does the find the PL too easy? May want to try his hand at something more difficult soon. :eyes:

5 Likes

They’re just trying to help him gain some confidence with a goal

You missed his intelligent running :kissing_heart:

1 Like