Pre Match. Liverpool vs Crystal Palace. EPL. Sun 23rd May.1600 hrs

He’s definitely getting closer, especially since he’s just done his ACL.

6 Likes

Roy Hodgson Banana joke.

What do you call two banana skins?

A pair of slippers.
:see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Half Baked Reaction GIF

2 Likes

Think it’s worse mate, think it’s his Achilles according to some.

2 Likes

Ouch, his Achilles they say. The perfect replacement for Naby after all. Hope the lad heals quick, he should have a bright future.

2 Likes

Great to have three days off, some of our having to dig out results at West Brom and Burnley was due to basically playing so quickly - three matches in six days.

It’s all set for a finale, but we should be wary. As someone said elsewhere - Crystal Palace have party pooped us before.

Probably the same starting lineup barring injuries, though it’d be nice to have the likes of Milner, Oxlade and Jota to come from the bench.

A win means Leicester need to win by five against Spurs to jump above us on goals scored, hopefully we’ll win by a margin of three to make only a bizarre result at Leicester see us miss out.

Almost four days actually :blush:

I want Milner or Curtis or even AOC starting in place of Wijnaldum

2 Likes

Just win, another option is not on the table. Please.

1 Like

Just do the business again, no silly mistakes and make sure we score a couple.

Referee: Andre Marriner. Assistants: Richard West, Scott Ledger. Fourth official: Tony Harrington. VAR: Paul Tierney. Assistant VAR: Eddie Smart.

Sigh … Marriner and Tierney again. :roll_eyes:

How does that work ? Is it 3 games on one screen, or is it more like a studio show where they swap from game to game? Doesn’t really sound ideal to me.

Imagine if we nail the 3rd, would be almost hilarious after this season. I know many people think there is no difference between 3rd and 2nd placement and that “no one remembers those who were runners up”, but I don’t subscribe to that view myself. Statistics is history too and 3rd is better than 4th when you look back at a previous season.
I am not sure I dare believe that we will get 3rd, but I do have real faith in us beating Palace in what is a major cup final-like game for us at home. But yeah, 3rd would be fantastic and actually a great achievement consider the start of the season.

3 Likes

They will swap from game to game. I can live with that for once - if we win.

In Germany we are used to that simulcast thing. The ‘Bundesliga Konferenz’ on Saturday afternoon on Sky is a thing for 20 years now and kind of untouchable.

1 Like

Teuchel has some big decisions to make with the final looming less than a week from Sunday. Villa with Graelish back are dangerous as fuck, but I reckon Teuchel might rest several of his starters for this one, with the hope that he can shithouse a result in the final. Even a Chelsea draw and a Liverpool win puts us in 3rd. Stranger motherfucking things have happened, god damnit.

3 Likes

For sure, but it is two results that needs to go our way and we don’t control it ourselves. But yeah, Aston Villa is a dangerous team and it can absolutely happen !

Damn, I hope DAZN doesn’t do this, I’ll be pissed if it’s forced onto me.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, good old Konferenz. My local used to have a special little TV only for that and teletext results. They used to bet on numbers of goals in the Bundesliga and watch it every weekend.

1 Like

Of the final 3 games, this is the one that concerns me most. Palace can be a good side when they decide to be - Benteke is on form and is a big bustling experienced forward - I wonder how Williams will cope with him. Any word on Kabaks fitness? Palace do concede a lot of goals so expecting to see a high-scoring game.

Would definitely start with Milner

Alisson
TAA Phillips Kabak (if fit) Robertson
Milner Fab
Thiago
Salah Firminho Mane

Gini to come on to say farewell.

Tottenham still has a Europa place to play for, and Kane will want to secure the Golden Boot. Can see both games ending in a draw - which means mission accomplished.

Benteke is on a roll and I always feel like he is extra motivated against us… so I don’t think it will be an easy game for our defenders. Glad we have Nat for this with Fabinho in midfield. Would rather have Kabak over Rhys but that is probably unlikely.

We may need to score a few to win this. It’s going to be a nervy last game!

1 Like

Flip side is teams like Palace struggle when they play games in such a space of time. Weekend/midweek/weekend usually works for those who do it regularly.

Slightly surprised the hyping Palace are getting while suggestions Spurs could lose by 5 or 6 goals, I don’t expect Spurs to win but that Leicester side looked exhausted. Barring sending offs that’s really unlikely.

If we don’t win on Sunday it won’t be down to how good Palace are.

3 Likes