Pre match | Liverpool vs. Fulham | PL matchday 27 | Sunday March 7th 14:00h | Anfield

You have to wonder if there is something wrong with our coaching methods. Well I do at least. How can all these CBs just keep getting injured constantly? It’s bizarre.

1 Like

Did we already have a Phillips - Fabinho pairing this season?

1 Like

For Premier league games we have to do something different, we’re far too predictable and have seemingly ran out of ideas.

Would like to see a 352 or 343 for this one. We left two players back at all times last night, Chelsea left 3. It showed, Mount and Werner had all space the in the world, and if Werner wasn’t so shit we’d have got stuffed last night.

Put Phillips in the middle, Davies on the left, somebody mobile on the right (Gini, Trent). Double pivot of Thiago and Fab. Jota and Salah up front.

This might not be a long term solution but we need to find a way to start picking up points, what we’ve been doing isn’t working. West Ham and Sheffield United were two games in this poor run that Klopp done something a bit different with his tactics and it bore some fruit.

Really hope nat and Davies can be a partnership the weekend with fabinho thiago and milner in middle. 2 defenders defending and midfielders doing there thing with naby to come on then…

On a seperate note since we have moved into new training complex we have had no luck at all. Feel like arsenal back in the day with all these injuries… starting to think is it the surface of new pitches were training on or what?? Physio and doctors must be overworked at this stage

At least Phillips and Davies are fit, it’s like musical chairs back there and after his best performance for us so far :rofl:

3 Likes

Fab is going to be needed for CL and 3 games in a week is just too much for someone returning from injury. Even then i’d want him in midfield for the CL. Id play a proper CB next to Kabak even if its a kid like Rhys W, If Nat is fit i’d play him.

Curtis needs a break as does Gini really but i’m not sure if Millie (the most important of the 3 for the CL) can play 2 games in 4 days any more. With that in mind and the fact i’d drop Thiago for the CL i’d play Thiago as the 6 and give game time to Ox and keita with Shaq coming on for either of those. I’d also start our usual front 3 with Jota getting the 2nd half in preparation for the CL.

We looked absolutely shattered yesterday (no wonder because of the amount of games each player has to play because of injuries) so this leaves a rested Gini and Jones to partner Millie for our important CL game, same with Jota and Keita eased back in. The defense is always going to be a problem so Kabak and if fit Nat. The only other change for this game i’d consider is Tsim for Robbo to give him a rest. I still think we can win with this team and its about time we tried something new. Fulham will just sit back anyway so maybe Ox and keita/shaq can pick the lock.

My team for this game

Alisson
TAA Williams Kabak Tsim
Ox Thiago Keita
Salah Bobby Mané

Edit after reading above, put Ben in for Kabak, Save Nat for the CL to play either with Kabak or Ben, whichever survives till Wednesday (no chance they both will). How come other teams playing the same amount of games aren’t getting anywhere near our injury problems?

That makes me think: is he still around the squad, or is he injured too? What about Kumetio?

It’s voodoo or some shit isn’t it…

1 Like

He was on the bench last night.

Think Billy is firmly in the U21s.

1 Like

What’s happened to Rhys?

I’m starting to dreed EPL games, I’m frustrated even before they start when I see Thiago and Gini lined up. Come on Klopp find a solution!
Fulham is going to be a hard fought game where we need our wits about us, none of this slowing down after Thiago has accelerated things, fucking around outside and inside the opposition box either put your foot through it or toe punt it at the goal. If that doesn’t work nothing will!

1 Like

My Dearest,

Though my love for Liverpool still rages like the eternal inferno of Hell, my desire to open another thread is like the ebbing glow of a dying ember.

Love,
Iftikhar

6 Likes

Get a room.

4 Likes

What is that, some sort of lazy walk?

1 Like

One is in Bangladesh (I think) and the other in Germany, where would that room be? :innocent:

3 Likes

Ideally, as far away as possible.

2 Likes

Yeah, keep kicking your mate, while he is down. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Fabinho and Kabak or Phillips @CB , Thiago, Jones Milner Keita in midfield and Mo, Sadio up top. Let’s smash them.

1 Like

I’m toying with the idea of Salah and Origi upfront.

Origi to just get the ball with his back to goal

Don’t even be that mobile, stay central. Drift a bit here and there.

Mane and firmino get a break

I know Origi hasn’t ‘earmt’ the spot, but he might just get it by default in my mind.

Leaves klopp 8 other players to get width and solidity from.

1 Like

Are we sure Fab is playing this? He came back too early against Chelsea because there was literally no other option.