Pre-Match: Liverpool vs Inter Milan (Anfield under Lights in the CL), 08th March, 20h00 GMT

4-0 just to indicate our intentions!

Anyone expecting anything less than Klopp’s strongest team hasn’t been paying attention for the past few years.

7 Likes

Inter team news by WhoScored:

• Nicolo Barella is available after missing the first leg loss through suspension and his return is a huge boost for the Italian side.
  • Barella should take Arturo Vidal’s spot in the middle of the park in what may be Simone Inzaghi’s only change to the XI.
  • Inzaghi has a full squad to select from, which is a boost for the visitors.

Barella is suspended.

3 Likes

Right, Give Vidal more anfield nightmares.

Jurgen Klopp confirms Matip, Thiago and Firmino are all back in full training

11 Likes

Alli
Trent Matip Vvd Tsimikas
Fab
Thiago Hendo
Salah Bobby Diaz

At this point of time , we would need to be conserving our full strength squad for brighton.

Just not sure Bradley is far enough in his development to be starting a champs league match , i would have kept him as a RB and given Trent a rest if that was the case.

Either way , kill the tie quickly and get milly/gomez to be a RB.

1 Like

From what he said, I don’t think we will rush Bobby.

Today’s training is only tactical, Bobby needs a little bit more proper training to return.

So I’d say the best chances to start has Matip, Thiago either on the bench or from the start (but I think we might go with Keita or Jones) and Bobby probably for the next game.

1 Like

Antonio Mateu Lahoz is the referee, last time (19-04-2019) he was the referee it was against Porto at Anfield, 2-0.

Wouldnt mind jones or ox even starting this , the directness that they offer as well as the workrate will tire out the inter milan midfielders quicker… Even if the end result isnt there , the workrate in itself will be a plus

1 Like

Nah, no Ox for me.

I’d be alright with any of Keita/Jones/Thiago at LCM.

But I want Hendo back at RCM, we need to defend that right side/their left better than in the first game.

5 Likes

Start as strong as we can, deflate them with a couple first half goals and then ring the changes from the bench second half once they’ve accepted their fate.

I know it’s not the place sometimes but I wouldn’t want to see the work rate I saw from Ox against Norwich anywhere near this side in a top match.

Jones I’ve been thinking myself if you wished to rest Hendo or Fabinho, it depends how Klopp sees this. I don’t think the drop off due to fitness levels is that large.

I expect the main decision is play Matip or not, I think I’d stick with Konate but I’d probably put Jota in as my change.

I’d keep Thiago on the bench but bring him on as for Firmino he is probably week away still even if he is training, shame as I’d think it’s not a bad time to get minutes in especially if we see the game off.

4 Likes

Ox is massively inconsistent. I do believe that jurgen keeping a stick up his arse can fire him up enough for the end of the season though.

I did mean ox or jones btw.

I wouldn’t be against Jones, I have a issue starting completely the same side especially with the squad we have it’s very strong.

I can’t even think we have anyone out injured after the news today (for the moment).

1 Like

Klopp will go strong in this one, no doubt about it. Of course, he will also make full use of the 5 subs available.

There are still a few selection issues, particularly in midfield. Fabinho surely starts tomorrow (after all, he spoke at the press conference). But who alongside him? Thiago just returned after his injury, so he is unlikely to start and will be probably eased in at some point in the second half. Hendo looked a bit tired in the last 30 minutes against WHU and is in my opinion not likely to start his 4th game in 9 days - still an excellent option off the bench. Would Klopp dare to start Keita for second time in just three days after he was considered doubtful a day before the WHU game? I don’t think so. Maybe Klopp starts one of the three mentioned, but surely not two alongside Fabinho.

Who else can start in midfield? Well, since we need control and composure, a perfect starter for tomorrow would be Milner - he would be also a good match for any shithousery Italians would try to perform. Jones is the other option that can provide some midfield control, so I believe we could see at least one of Milner or Jones (if not both) in the starting lineup tomorrow (and likely to be subbed at around 60’ mark).

2 Likes

Already posted my team, it think about it, I have a sneaky feeling Jones might start.

2 Likes

I reckon Bobby might play this one if he’s fit. He made a real difference in the first leg. I think having that player that can link the play well will be needed against this Inter midfield.

My thinking too on the midfield. Great to have the 5 substitutions and we’ll surely have a very strong bench.

Becker
Trent Matip Virgil Tsimikas
Milner Fabinho Jones
Salah Jota Mane

1 Like