Pre-Match: Liverpool vs Inter Milan (Anfield under Lights in the CL), 08th March, 20h00 GMT

I think you might be right. He was on for 2 seconds against West Ham (although did a surprisingly useful stint for a cameo) and Klopp has stated that his midfielders need the most rest and rotation so he would seem like an obvious choice. Thiago is only just back from injury and Keita went the distance against West Ham.

1 Like

Klopp will make two or three changes at most. Agree with others that will probably see Tsimi playing, and Jota from the start.

All others will be the usual suspects. Need to take this game professionally. Don’t need to get into a fight with letting in a sloppy goal. Play with purpose, and as the time goes on, Inter will need to take some gambles.

1 Like

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game. COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

4 Likes

IMO, the time to start for Milner in PL and CL matches is behind him, a great asset for the last 15 minutes when you have to defend a 1-0 but you don’t start him unless you have to.

5 Likes

I agree on starting against the top PL sides - though I still think Milner can do a solid job for 60 minutes against a Serie A side, especially considering Hendo started each of the last three matches in just 6 days. Not to mention Klopp clearly values Milner and trusted him to play against two PL sides last week (including 40’ in the final against Chelsea).

3 Likes

Thiago to start and get an hour.

Keep the same back four as last time. If they play to that level again , Inter don’t get a sniff.

Any three from four upfront.

1 Like

Jurgen Klopp with a message before tonight’s game:

“It is so important that everyone inside this stadium tonight, with Liverpool in their hearts, is ready to give all they have to ensure we progress. If anyone has even a tiny percentage of complacency or entitlement, please stay away.”

"This is players, management and supporters. This tie is alive and it is there to be attacked and won. Values matter to me, as the leader of this team and club.”

“When you think of Liverpool vs Inter you think of a full and passionate Anfield. You think of it being electric and partisan. Our supporters need no team-talk for a fixture with this heritage.”

"This special place will be a cauldron of energy tonight, I’m sure. And we will need it. If we all arrive knowing that to enjoy a special night we have to be our best and work our hardest, I am confident we can create more memories together.”

13 Likes

The amount of times he said that…

:joy:

Yeah I sometimes wonder if he is a bit underwhelmed with the crowd at times. We need to bring back 10 pound tix for the PL games - part of a special season ticket for a 1000 strong ‘anfield choir’ - spread across the Kop with a brief to sing their lungs out for at least 60 mins each game. Should be working off an agreed songlist, know all the chants and attend regular pub rehearsals. It would really help to stop those quiet times when tension can start to be transmitted to the players and also drown out the visiting BS. Within a few months half the stadium would want in and the thing would develop a life of its own. Well worth the initial investment, IMO.

6 Likes

PEACHES!!?? :smiley:

3 Likes

Will be interesting to see how Inter approach this, obviously they need at least 2 goals so wonder how Inzaghi will change it up from their usual style.

Smash them. They’re shit.

11 Likes

If you can’t get motivated after reading that, you should probably give up on football!

Looking forward to this whoever plays.

1 Like

15 Likes

TEAM NEWS: Liverpool XI to face Inter Milan
Starting XI: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson; Thiago, Fabinho, Jones; Mane, Jota, Salah

Subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Milner, Keita, Gomez, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Minamino, Tsimikas, Diaz, Origi, Elliott

4 Likes

No konate. Hopefully it’s a minor issue

1 Like

Shit, no Hendo…

God I hope it’s not Thiago at RCM.

Hate it when Klopp uses Hendo and Thiago in the same way/role.

2 Likes

Klopp issuing a war cry. Make Anfield as loud as possible so as to demotivate the Inter players.

4 Likes

Only concern I guess in my view.

Kind of expected Jones to start I’m happy with this line up

1 Like

Guess Gomez can play RB and Konate can’t ? That’s probably why Konate isn’t preferred here.