Pre Match | Liverpool vs Leipzig | CL Round of 16 2nd leg | Wednesday March 10th 20:00h | Puskas Arena

Ox might be capable of a decent performance in the CL, but yes I prefer Jones. I just don’t like writting players of so easily. I’m still hopeing Firmino can find something within himself and I’ve been worried about him for a very long time.

We will be fine if we dont have to use Phillips and Williams in defence, Jota instead of the Bobby.

1 Like

Philips is not in the Champions League squad, so can’t play.

1 Like

I am clearly expecting Fabinho + Kabak or Rhys at the back.

Think Fabinho will be used as a CB in the CL games.

Given that a draw would do us I’d be tempted to go for a defence minded team and see what we could get on the counter. Not sure who has the best pace but Salah still looks capable on that basis. Everyone else looks either knackered or not fully fit.

2 Likes

Now it’s getting funny.

RB Leipzig have to pay us around €1,5m because they are not allowed to travel to England.

3 Likes

Where’s the Leipzig money, John?

8 Likes

I know it’s not in the spirit of thing, but why are we not getting a bye?

2 Likes

Oke, we do not have to score, we already scored twice in the away game so I play Wijnaldum in midfield to do his usual hold-up plays.

Becker

TAA-Kabak-Fabinho-Robertson

Milner-Tiago-Wijnaldum-Jones

Salah-Jota

Let them do the work and let us sit back playing the counterattack.

The referee is Clément Turpin (France) who was the referee against Spartak Moscow (1-1)

6 Likes

Fab in midfield please.
CB Kabak and Nat.

1 Like

Alisson
TAA 2 from Phillips/Kabak/Davies Robertson
Fabinho
2 from Gini, Thiago, Jones, Keita, (Milner bench)
Mane Salah Jota

or lose a forward and play a midfield diamond.

2 Likes

Obviously, Klopp decided to make sure that this game gets priority at the expense of the Fulham fixture. As could be expected, the makeshift line-up played against Fulham, and was beaten. What remains of the first team will now play against Leipzig in order to ensure qualification for the next round. Going by what happened this week-end, Klopp will then make sure that his best available team plays in the CL, while the squad players will take care of the league games. That should in theory ensure some additional freshness for the remaining CL games. The league is a complete write-off anyway.

Even so, I don’t expect us to go very far in the CL, but on this occasion, our lads should have enough energy to see us through to the next round, which is massively important in financial terms for the club. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

We scored twice in the away leg but there is no scenario where we can go through on away goals. Strange dat.

1 Like

Leipzig are a fast attacking team putting Nat in defence is asking for trouble. Fab and Kabak needed there.

2 Likes

I agree, if they can’t travel to the UK, they should have to forfeit the tie.

1 Like

Think we could have forced them to forfeit by not agreeing a neutral venue.

But our club opted for the €1,5m extra money.

Similar to sending a strong team to Denmark and trying to win that game even if we have already won the group.

2 Likes

So let‘s play deeper and catch them on the counter🙂

1 Like

If we lose this…see you all in August.

3 Likes

I’m sorry I’d rather we beat them on the pitch than go through sitting on our arses.

It’s been the only bright spark for about 2 months as well.

The Denmark thing is totally different.

4 Likes

Park the Bus, Park the Bus, …
Come on you guys this isn’t us let’s go out there and spank them!

1 Like