Pre Match | Liverpool vs Leipzig | CL Round of 16 2nd leg | Wednesday March 10th 20:00h | Puskas Arena

Klopp is going nowhere.

3 Likes

Can you guarantee that please? If he does then leave, can we claim compensation?

1 Like

6 Likes

I try hard not to be a negative thinker but frankly with the general sense of malaise that seems to be pervading the club at the moment I would not be surprised to see us lose 3-0. I really hope not but the lack of confidence is killing this team and some players seem to have lost confidence and interest. The problems start at the top but let`s hope the team can raise it´s performance level and get through this one, maybe then spirits will be lifted and we can start a winning run.

1 Like

Do people really think FSG would be looking to get rid of Klopp and pay the compensation owing then hire a new manager who would almost certainly want funds to buy his own players? At this point in time, when it seems we haven’t got a pot to piss in? Absolute madness.
There is the very slight chance he might jib it as none of us know his state of mind but I think he’ll already be thinking about settling some scores next season.

11 Likes

yeh! real world class! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Not here, would be a stratospheric PR disaster, 98%+ of fans would be sharpening pitchforks. Even if we’re mid table in 12 months, Klopp’s go so much goodwill in the bank, I think he’d jump before pushed. Plus, who do you replace him with?

2 Likes

It was somewhat tongue in cheek. However, if you go back long enough you will remember that Liverpool’s modus operandi in Europe was caution away from home and then finish them off at Anfield. Obviously, this tie is different because there are no home legs, but with a 2 - 0 lead there is no need to go out gung-ho.

1 Like

I remember BR getting some embarrassing results … and a lot of flak for doing just that and more. Then again it was more like football than parking the bus.Parking the bus was the subjet.
If it really was tongue in cheek why continue, just stick your tongue out and laugh. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

2 Likes

I’d be more worried if we did attempt to park the bus because I don’t think we would be capable of doing so. We are not good when under the cosh and tend to concede easily.

5 Likes

If they score first this could get very scary very quickly.

If Klopp sticks with the formation and high line and we get turned over then there are going to be some very uncomfortable questions being asked.

I’m with those advocating 4-4-2. Salah alongside Jota or Mané upfront.

2 Likes

Pffffft.

Christmas tree is where it’s at!!!

Alisson
Trent Nat Davies Robbo
Thiago Fabinho Gini
Mané Jota
Salah

Fabinho back to shielding the back four; in effect, he plays like a third centre half anyway.

6 Likes

You need an extra midfielder, something like this :sunglasses: :

Becker

TAA-Kabak-Fabinho-Robertson

Milner-Tiago-Wijnaldum-Jones

Salah-Jota

1 Like
2 Likes

That’s not a Christmas tree!!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Without Bobby, I’d initially start the game with Mane centrally, Jota on the left and Salah in his role. 2-0 is not over, I want us to start the game proper (we don’t have to rush anything, but I wouldn’t start the game passive or just sit back), try and score the next goal and finish the tie. Salah up top is good on the counter attack, that can be an option later in the game. Jota is only back lately so I’d give him his best role. Mane can be much more involved from the get go and we can’t lose the midfield battle. Plus, he’s been playing more centrally in the last few games.

2 Likes

This is a game we don’t need to be especially creative tactically for, just do what we did in the first leg.

Press with intensity, force them into mistakes, hurt them in transition. Don’t leave ourselves exposed defensively for no good reason, we don’t need both fullbacks in the final 3rd at all times.

As long as we don’t totally shit the bed and have a Leicester like meltdown we should be going through.

8 Likes

Davies and Kabak are in training.

6 Likes

Thing is I’d drop the back line ten yards, we can probably find space behind them regardless if Kabak is fit I’d start him with Phillips at the back and Fabinho in the middle just to add a bit more defensive cover and someone who can knock it over the top.

Firmino isn’t fit then it’s Jota, Salah and Mane in whichever way you want to play them whether as a front 3 or Jota behind the two of them

5 Likes

As usual the suits know nothing about the game. Away goals still count in extra time, despite both legs being played in neutral grounds.

In other words, there is an advantage by playing the “home” game first, then the “away” in the second leg.

Can see us shipping two goals in normal time, then getting the lead in ET only for the drink team to “equalize” in the 120th minute, and going through.

1 Like