Pre Match. Liverpool vs Manchester City. PL Match 6. Sunday 11th October. 1630 hrs

That’s a game not to be missed. The atmosphere in the stands will probably be electric. I only hope that we can avoid any violence before or after the game, fingers crossed for that.

As for the game itself, it will obviously be tough. They have been in top form despite of their manager change. Is the new guy doing a Slot here? I hope we can dent their confidence, and with the help of the fans, grind them down. We ourselves are slowly finding our feet as as a team. We have been more solid at the back, and more efficient going forward. Hopefully our lads can carry on where they left off. The international break might have reshuffled some cards though, we’ll see.

Fingers crossed for a good game and the three points for us at the end!

3 Likes

Doni’s first real test.

2 Likes

I haven’t looked forward to a match for quite some time. Unfortunately, we are hosting a brunch for a friend’s daughter’s wedding and I’m the bartender! This isn’t one I want to record and watch later. I guess I’ll have the TV right at my makeshift bar. There is a chance that rain could force us to cancel. Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

Referee: Chris Kavanagh. Assistants: Dan Cook, Nick Greenhalgh. Fourth official: Andy Madley. VAR: Paul Howard. Assistant VAR: Nick Hopton.

2 Likes

Well, it’s a referee from Greater Manchester…

Curiously, Michael Oliver has been given the week off.

1 Like

A shame the game comes directly after the international break. Anfield will be rocking and hopefully the players will perform at a very high level, we have to come away with all 3 points.

1 Like

Keep an eye on Sunday newspapers…

1 Like

Jacquet a doubt now? Left out of France squad for tonight’s game with a hopefully only sore hamstring, and no actual damage.

1 Like

2 Likes

Oh no…the clowns again…just a thought…have the Cheaties had their seedy financial wrong doings in the reffies little group…

1 Like

Bollox.
Hope he is ok for Sunday

1 Like

I highly doubt we’d risk him unless it’s one of those games pulls that go after a few days.

What happens when you play someone continuously and yet you have a squad available.

Will be deciding by a scan. Same as Isak, which would have been done last week.

I think jacquet would have been on the bench for france anyway as he’d played twice already. I know upamecano got sent off for 2 yellows but it still would make no sense to have jacquet on the bench if he felt his hamstring was a bit tight. So fingers criossed on him being okay for sunday.

1 Like

I dont care about the booing etc of the cheaters… because it all means nothing if we dont win the match. Getting all 3 pts is the objective.

This is the perfect time for Barcola to leave his mark. Hoping for some dominance from him. And a Goal.