Pre Match | Liverpool vs. Midtjylland | CL Matchday 2 | Tuesday October 27th 20:00h | Anfield

No it was not, just in general

1 Like

Anyone know if this includes own goals?

So how do you pronounce Midtjylland???

Mid-you-land

4 Likes

Ah, Danish pronunciation ! My FAVORITE topic when it comes to Scandinavian languages.

Or actually, I’ll say nothing.
Edit: That “not saying anything stuff” only lasted half a minute…

2 Likes

Except with Danish pronunciation: https://forvo.com/word/jylland/#da
There is no “u”.

These are the phonetics: /ˈjylan/

One of Naby’s Guinean International mates plays for Midtjylland, Sory Kaba. He’s not much of a clinical or ruthless striker but he’s a big body, physical forward.

Truth is our quality is levels above and we should handle them, HOWEVER, there is just enough ambition and willing attitude in their side to pull an upset on anyone.

Even a Norwegian team can beat Liverpool if Liverpool takes it totally easy and relaxes. But I don’t think we’ll do that in the Champions League. Will be incredibly disappointed if we give them a game they can win.

That’s just two letters away from the message we’ll be sending Schalke when we sign Upamecano.

8 Likes

Awesome chance to rotate

Alisson
Trent Matip Gomez Milner
Jones Gini
Shaq Keita Jota
Minamino

1 Like

I don’t think that Midtjylland are as weak as their score against Atalanta suggests. So, underestimating them could be fateful, but fortunately for us, Klopp never underestimates an opponent. That’s one of his strengths.

That being said, there will have some rotation to happen for this one. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Shaq, Minamino, Keita, Jones, Millie, Matip getting starts for this one. Jota has been in superb form lately, so maybe keep him on the pitch to wreak more havoc. That would allow us to rest the entire usual frontline, Fabinho, Robbo and Hendo.

Allisson

Trent Matip Gomez Millie

Jones Gini Keita

Shaq Minamino Jota

This team should be able to do the job. Five possible subs means that Klopp can bring on several of his big guns if needed.

3 Likes

Yeah, it includes own goals. We’ve had 200 og in our favour - the first in 1892 - the last against Ajax a week ago
https://www.lfchistory.net/Stats/GamesOwnGoalsByOpposition

1 Like

I want Mane to score it, otherwise he’ll throw a strop and sulk.

I would rather hope we go really strong in this one. Win the two games against them and we have 9 points on the board. Would need just a win in all possibility from the remaining 3 group games to be through, two of which would be at Anfield.

We can then rest during the last couple of group games. Else it may end up becoming tricky at that time, causing selection and fitness dilemma during busy league period.

The fixture congestion this season is ridiculous so we’ll have to shuffle the pack for this one. There were no excuses for the Villa abomination but below par, just get the job done performances like we saw against Ajax and Sheffield Utd are perfectly OK right now and I’m expecting something similar here. 1-0, 2-1, don’t care. Just get the 3 points.

I thought Jota, Minamino and Shaqiri did surprisingly well as a trio against Ajax and would like to see them used again here, even if it’s only for the last half hour again. If we could get them functioning as an alternative attack that would give JK endless options up front for the rest of the season.

5 Likes

Problem is that until the end of the year on paper there is no ‘easier’ game / better opportunity to rest some players than this one.

2 Likes

I’d say Minamino should be a lock to start this one, both to give our guys the required rest and also a chance to give him some confidence with a goal.

Ali

Trent (or Neco) Joel Joe Robbo (or Kostas)

Gini Thiago Naby

Jota Mini Mo

Depending on fitness of our back up full backs, that should be a strong enough team for this fixture

1 Like

No Thiago, Matip or Keita for tomorrow according to Klopp.

1 Like

Smash them. They’re shit.

10 Likes