Pre Match | Liverpool vs. Midtjylland | CL Matchday 2 | Tuesday October 27th 20:00h | Anfield

My line up for tomorrow
Alisson
TAA Gomez Fab Milner
Hendo Gini Jones
Shaq Origi Minamino
Sub in
Neco for TAA after securing lead
Mane, Salah, Jota, Rhys and Robbo on bench

1 Like

What about Tsimikas? Is he back?

Fuck off Mid my land. Mid your land!!

:smiley:

4 Likes

Ok, try again-

Ali
Trent (or Neco) Rhys Joe Robbo (or Kostas)
Gini Milly Curtis
Jota Mini Mo

Depending on fitness of our back up full backs, that should still be a strong enough team for this fixture

Allison

TAA Fabinho Joe Kostas (if fit)

Milner Curtis Shaq

Jota Minamino Origi

A strong bench and we should be good enough with a strong bench and 5 available subs just in case

5 Likes
2 Likes

Surprise surprise Matip still not fit. Heā€™s played almost no football for a year but hasnā€™t had a serious injury either.

You know youre broke when a stubbed toe can keep you out for over 6 months.
I like Matip and he has improved a lot but hes a waste of time as never fit

With Thiago, Matip, and Naby (why?) all out, itā€™s going to make for an interesting lineup. Not sure Iā€™ve seen or read anything definitive about Tsimikasā€™ fitness?

Expect both some rotation, and full use of the 5 subs, so all of the following should expect either a start or sub minutes:
Jones
Milner
Neco
Tsimikas (if fit)
Taki
Shaq
Origi
Jota

The other question will be whether Klopp chooses to continue working on 4-2-3-1, versus reverting to 4-3-3. Iā€™d think, with theoretically weaker opposition, at home, it might be an opportunity to keep working on the 4-2-3-1, especially as it might suit some of the expected players like Shaq, Divock, etc.

Naby has still not fully recovered from Covid19 as far as i understand it. Klopp said some days ago, that Naby hasnā€™t had symptoms but they still donā€™t know enough about this virus so they want to be careful with his fitness/resilience .

Not sure what this exactly means for Naby tbh, I donā€™t want to speculate.

5 Likes

Cheers mate, I know nothing about them and Iā€™ve been looking for a scouting report.

Knew I could rely on you.

7 Likes
1 Like

The pre match interview says that the owners also own Brentford and theyā€™re doing things a little differently.

Anyone know what exactly? Klopp mentioned he was interested.

Theyā€™re big into infomatics and data modelling. Didnā€™t our throw in coach work for them before us?

1 Like

His body isnā€™t made for the high intensity football/training we play/train. A team in the Italian league would suit him better.

1 Like

No idea.

Youā€™ll never make a tabloid journalist, Iā€™m afraid.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s me - putting in the work so you donā€™t have to. I like to think that my in depth oppo assessments are of great value to this community.

11 Likes

i think we should go with a 4-1-2-3 formation with Fabinho playing the role of sweeper above the back four.

playing in th CL is always tough, dunno anything about this midgitland team,
so my pics would be

Alisson

Trent Matip Gomez Milner

Fabinho

Keita Thiago

Salah Minamino Jota

3 of that team ruled out. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: