Pre Match | Liverpool vs Newcastle | PL Matchday 20 | Monday January 1st 20:00h | Anfield

6 days until this on. Hope we can start a winning run in the league.

Newcastle missing many players and looked gassed in some of their last few games. Long may it continue.

Alisson
TAA Konate VvD Gomez
Szoboszlai Endo Gravenberch
Salah Gakpo Diaz

Y.N.W.A.

1 Like

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game. COYR YNWA :+1: :nerd_face:

9 Likes

Hopefully this is the game that we hand out the absolute whooping the team has been promising. Clinical performance please Liverpool, this Newcastle team is shot.

3 Likes

Would be mad not to play Nunez against Trippier who genuinely might be the worst footballer on the planet at the moment.

Is this the last game we have with Salah and Endo?

2 Likes

Last league match yes. Both will surely be available for the FA Cup match against Arsenal. Club even hopes that Mo will be available for the League Cup match against Fulham.

2 Likes

Alisson Gomez Konate Virgil Trent Endo Szobo Jones Salah Nunez Jota

With the whole Newcastle side more or less run into the ground, this is one if the Anfield faithful get behind from the off, we could put to bed inside 20mins.

2 Likes

we have five days off… good to see

1 Like

Howe will revert to his small team mentality and have 10 behind the ball at all time and time waste like no end.

5 Likes

1:1!

1 Like

Smash the barcodes, they’re overrated sportswashing shite

2 Likes

For sure the toon have not had the best of seasons, and we have a pretty decent record at St James’ Park. However, beware the pitfalls of arrogance and hubris. A wounded lion is still a lion. None the less I expect us to win comfortably. .

1 Like

I enjoyed the plot twist at the end of that

1 Like

Endo will leave after this one.

Problem is that Japan are probably the best Asian team and should possibly go to the final

Not that Names matter but looks like Taylor will be the ref here.

1 Like

Erm St James Park games at home ?

1 Like

In a way their loss today might make it a bit harder for us, as they will give everything to not lose again. But overall they do look knackered, and hopefully we get right into them.

Alisson
Trent Konate VVD Gomez
Szoboszlai Endo Jones
Salah Gakpo Nunez

I think Nunez will give them nightmares, especially after what he did to them last time. Then Diaz and Jota can come on later to finish them off.

Jones gets the nod in midfield as I think Gravenberch is a bit too lackadaisical, but if he finds a few more percent of nastiness/intensity, he has every chance of going on to be world class.

Elliott at the ready to come on too. He is turning into a smashing player.

Fast start please Liverpool. A goal, then another, so with a two goal cushion we can enjoy it and hopefully hand the barcodes a real lesson.

3 Likes

Any chance Macca could be back?

Another bold tosser …

Referee: Anthony Taylor. Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn. Fourth official: Andy Madley. VAR : Stuart Attwell. Assistant VAR: Mark Scholes.

Becker

TAA-Konaté-van Dijk-Gomez

Szoboszlai-Endo-Jones

Salah-Núñez-Jota

Good to have a few days to reset ourselves and go again with a strong XI.

Looking a little bit ahead, I think we might rotate a few against Fulham at home. And go stronger in the return leg in London.

Gravenberch is certainly not showing enough right now to start, I’d go with Jones.

Salah, Jota and Nunez up top seems most logical for this one. Also our 3 top scorers this season.

1 Like