Pre Match | Liverpool vs Real Madrid | CL Quarter Final second leg | Wednesday April 14th 20:00h | Anfield

This would be a REALLY good game for Mane 2018-2020 to show up.

1 Like

Actually Liverpool 2018-2020 :rofl:

9 Likes

Fabinho or Philips at CB is one of the things to be considered. Moving Fab at CB would mean our backline seems stronger, but equally allows their midfield to play much efficiently. Thiago has to start this one, having rested enough now in the past games. Do we play front 4 with maybe Gini dropped for this one? Midfield is sadly this game would be won or lost. Theirs is world class without a doubt and we would need to match it to ensure we score enough, whilst not conceding.

Not having fans is huge, but for me not having Hendo is the worst. These are games where if there is one player I would want it’s Hendo. There are no leaders on the pitch currently and that is significantly impacting our game.

3 Likes

If we move back Fab who plays in midfield with Jones out injured?

1 Like

Thiago - Gini with Bobby Salah Mane Jota all four playing? Or maybe Ox/ Shaq instead of Bobby. Problem is I am myself not that convinced playing any of them with the fear of us being completely overrun in midfield. Hence, maybe Fab seems the best fit to play in mid for this one, but it would again lead to them constantly trying to play between Philips and Trent trying to nick a goal or two.

Anything Klopp does will be considered wrong though I can tell you that, in case we don’t win this one.

1 Like

Watched them against Barcelona and they are operating at a level that seems beyond us at this point in time. Even if they weren’t, it would still be hard to beat them due to their vast experience at this sort of situation.

I’m not writing us off as this is football and stranger things have happened. The forwards might actually take their chances and the defence might stop gifting goals but realistically speaking? Whatever chances we had to progress were squandered by the no-show at the first leg.

My only expectation is to give everything that we’ve got and perhaps manage to make it difficult for them.

4 Likes

Fabinho has to play in midfield.

1 Like

What’s easier, beating them 2-0 or Barca 4-0? See, it’s easy. Positivity is the only way this works. If the players read this thread they’d be beaten before stepping foot on the pitch. If you know you can win and you know you will win, you’re far more likely to actually do it. If you think you can’t, you won’t.

2 Likes

His confidence is shot mate. Just look at that effort of his yesterday in the last minute.

Then place Milner as RCM between Trent and Phillips.

Or Real will bully a Fabinho-less midfield around like a bunch of headless chickens.

1 Like

They already bullied us the other day. Not only in midfield, but defence also.

:joy:

1 Like

Fucking Barcelona, couldn’t injure Modric and Kroos when their life depended on it. Bloody useless morons.

4 Likes

Because Klopp played Keita. While others did not play well, it was Keita who made the match look like a 10 vs 11 game.

Looked like 8 Vs 25 to me. Gini and Fabs not there either.

1 Like

So true. I’ll be watching this one in hope rather than expectation.

Could there be merit in a 4-2-3-1, with Fab/Gini (or Milner) as the double pivot, essentially just shielding the CBs, while the front 4 press high up, not giving Kroos etc any time on the ball? I thought Bobby’s pressing was good yesterday, could do a similar job on Wednesday.

1 Like

I’ve already said our 4213 was horrible in the 1st leg, surely need to go back to 433 to stand any chance!!!

Alisson
TAA-Phillips-Kabak-Robertson
Fabinho
Milner-Thiago
Salah-Jota-Firmino

No more Gini for me. Or, if he starts, it should be at the base, i.e. no. 6. He just does not contribute enough offensively and goes missing. Firmino to be rewarded for his better form in the Aston Villa game.

1 Like

For me the first leg - Kieta - it was like playing with 10 men.

2 Likes

I am right up for this now… especially after trents late show on Saturday.

Come on reds… make us dream

2 Likes