Pre Match | Liverpool vs Real Madrid | CL Quarter Final second leg | Wednesday April 14th 20:00h | Anfield

Well let’s be honest, that was more of a 4-2-0-3. I reckon 4-2-3-1 might work, but who knows, just feel we should start the front 4 and go at them from the get-go.

1 Like

With what we have fit a 442 diamond might be better. Someone with real responsibility to cover our CBs in the DM position (i.e not sharing that burden between 2 players an neither taking the responsibility). That’s why I’m proposing a 433 or 442 diamond as as much as Keita wasn’t in the game nor where Fabs and Gini as neither took responsibilty. The double pivot didn’t work at all.
Put Fabs at DM Thiago to control our possession then Milner to add some solidity or Kieta to run through their lines (but with the responsibilty to play in midfield box to box) I’d start Millie and look to bring Keita on when possible.
I’d go Jota Firmino Salah up front that should be enough to secure 2 goals if all goes well. Firmino did well against Villa so might be edgeing toward some form, Salah has been trying hard and our major threat for some time, Jota causes panic, Mané seems a bit lost and frustrated at the moment so for me an angry option off the bench.

2 Likes

I see where you are coming from, and it makes a lot of sense. Either way, definitely start Milner over Naby, and yeah maybe Sadio on the bench works.

1 Like

As much as I would love Milly to start, chances of that happening seems very low given he’s played the entire 90 against Villa.

3 Likes

You’re probably right, guess it is Gini, Thiago and Fab.

Doubt we win but stranger things have happened, let’s just put some pride back on the pitch, be a boost for the rest of the league campaign.

5 Likes

I remember thinking the same against Barca

Milner has to start this, it’s critical that we have a capable captain on the field, for me this is the most critical decision regarding the starting lineup. Gini has been dreadful for quite a few games in a row now, we can’t have him as Captain in this game.

Fab at the back with Kabak, we have to.

Midfield Thiago, Milner with a toss up on the third (Gini, Jones).

Jota, Firmino and Mo.

I would personally prefer to bring on an angry Gini in the second half, it worked well against Barca.

2 Likes

My thinking with this one is the same as my thinking a couple of years ago against Barca. We messed this up away and have probably lost the tie. However, I would like to see us give a respectable performance at home and we will see what happens. At least after last weekend I can see some character back in the side.

5 Likes

Not to play Fabinho in midfield that will be opposing Kroos and Modric would be criminal.

I think Modric and Kroos operated from deep to avoid Fabinho. But you are right. Henderson is unavailable, Wijnaldum is shadow of himself, Milner doesn’t have the legs and Thiago can’t protect the line; so having Fabinho is critical.

My view is we need to go for 4231.

This means we have 4 attackers on which will help us get the goals we need, but I think this also helps us defensively. The main problem was we had 3 midfielders v’s their 3 but Kroos was playing in the defensive line so we never got near him… Having Bobby instructed to sit on Kroos all game will only be a good thing for us.

I’d be going for Thiago and Fabinho, our best 2 midfielders on form, the rest of the team picks it self. Can’t believe anyone is advocating Fabinho going back into defense, that was one of the worst tactical decisions I’ve ever seen from Klopp and the 2nd biggest factor in our horrendous run.

Alisson

Trent – Phillips – Kabak – Robertson

Fabinho – Thiago

Salah – Firmino – Mane

Jota

Replace Phillips for Van Dijk that is a fucking tasty team… If they actually play to their max level… Time to step up Mr Mane!

2 Likes

Make Salah captain. He wants it and deserves it as our only consistent performer this season

1 Like

Its gonna be 3-1 at full time and after extra time and we gonna win penalties 56-55

6 Likes

I’d better cancel my plans for Thursday.

5 Likes

Already have :wink:

You are lucky UEFA does not have a rule to create a 3rd leg just for excessive penalties

Can’t imagine how your post game review would look in case of 56-55

3 Likes

I think it makes sense for Wednesday. Madrid are going to be sitting back and looking to hit us on the counter. The midfield are going to be invited up the pitch, and Madrid will soak up the pressure and look to play Vinicius and Benzema in behind Nat. I really don’t fancy Phillips in that kind of footrace. Fabinho has got the pace and crucially anticipation to snuff out those balls.

It would just be loads of drunken rambling towards the end.

Even more so than usual.

3 Likes