Pre Match | Liverpool vs Real Madrid | CL Quarter Final second leg | Wednesday April 14th 20:00h | Anfield

I don’t think they will, why would you change what clearly worked against us last time?

Also if they are planning on sitting deep and hitting us on the counter I want Fabinho in midfield even more… He needs to be on their toes, forcing the play in their half, keeping up the pressure. Do you think Gini or Milner does that? Not a chance.

In fact there is an arguement you play Gini there…

In that system, Salah would go up top and probably one of Jota/Mane on the right. If we go like this, I’d put Jota on the right.

Well, if we’re going by the last game Fab was in midfield and was dire.

1 Like

Bjorn Kuipers is the referee. Best Dutch referee there is and he is not impressed by big names, Neymar hates him because Kuipers does not go along with all his diving and cheating.

We could have done worse.

7 Likes

Any Liverpool team that doesn’t have Milner or Henderson in it is mentally fragile. We saw it in the first leg. No leaders out there at all when things go against us and we were lucky that Real sat back second half because they could have had a hatful. It had a real 7-2 Villa vibe about it. I know Milner is not the sexiest choice but I’d like to see him squeezed in somewhere.

And Fabinho has to play in midfield. The worst aspect of the first leg performance was the midfield (which he was a part of) but I can’t believe he’ll be as bad again. The CBs did OK in the circumstances and weren’t to blame for the defeat. You’ve got to trust them.

If we get the first goal it could be interesting but it’s hard to see us keeping a clean sheet and scoring goals has been a problem all year. No crowd either. I always thought we had a puncher’s chance against Barca because they were so fragile but I’m thinking no chance here which would make it a bigger achievement in my book if we can pull it off.

11 Likes

Right.

Right again.

I think the back five picks themselves, unless someone picks an injury :blush:. In midfield, Thiago didn’t start against Villa and I expect him to start alongside Fabinho and Milner. In attack, Mane didn’t start against Villa and he may start in place of Jota.

Totally agree I would go for the same team as Arsenal but with Jora for Sadio as Sadio’s game is off at the moment

1 Like

No way he gets the armband in front of Milly who needs to start to get amongst them

1 Like

He was the best of a bad bunch yes, but the system did leave him horribly exposed alongside his team mates.

Here‘s my liittle bit.
I think we have to go full power. We’re 2 goals down. Passing backwards and sidewards always doesn‘t help. So we have to take some risks.
I‘d go with @Draexnael
Alli
Trend Nat Kabak Robbo
Fab Thiago
Jota Bobby Mane
Salah
Real will park the bus and try to catch us with counter-attacks
That leaves a lot of defesive work for the front four.

1 Like

I don’t think Millie should start. The days when he could match Kroos and Modric are behind him

I think there’s a high possibility Klopp doesn’t go with his “riskier plan” from the start.

The way the first game went, I think he’ll maybe want to establish our performance first, rather than go “4-4-2” straight from the off.

System and approach doesn’t always have to mean the same thing though.

Next goal in the tie is massive, but our focus surely has to be to first establish a much more compact structure, which should make us more dangerous off the ball in attack. Which is then linked to our possession game. Defensively, that’s where I just don’t feel good chasing the game with Nat at CB.

I think Real will have simply too much technique, know how, experience, calmness and winning mentality to put this tie to bed.

But… of course we have a chance.

2 Likes

If we score he first goal this tie should liven up a bit. 2-0 is an entirely realistic shoreline, keep it tight and knick up a couple goals, it is not beyond possibility. I think the result last week was more down to us being atrocious than Real being that good. If the team turn up on Wednesday and can dig out a performance like we know they can, an over confident Real could be there for the taking.

That’s a lot of if’s and could’s. But I’m going to go into this game believing.

This could go two ways…
a) Go at them from the off and try to overwhelm them into submission across 90mins
b) Stay compact as possible for the first 60mins by passing the ball across the park probing from side to side frustrating them… unleash Jota or Mane or Curtis from the bench at 60min when our superior stamina levels should take over proceedings until the end of the game…

Option b) for me… 2-0 to the boys
COYR

1 Like

Haven’t you raed my posts? :cry:

You said 4213… And we didn’t play that nor 4231 either… We played 433. Worked poorly.

Noway did we play 433, shit how am I getting into this disagreement I started it as fun? :cry:
Anyway if we were palying 433 what the fuck was Keita doing?
You need to revise your formations for the up coming exame! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

We concede 1 and we need to ensure we don’t concede another for 120 minutes, unless we wish to score 5 I presume? Ah well, can’t see us doing this the easy way - 5-2 it’ll be.

1 Like