Pre-Match Liverpool vs Villarreal (h) CL Semi Final 20h00 GMT, 27/04/2022

You are rather fond of telling others what to do aren’t you …

Complete nonsense. You need to go and have a lie down.

7 Likes

Some are followers, some are leaders

2 Likes

Haha @Dutch

4 Likes

Thought his response was funny too that’s why the laughing yellow character with the tears under it is mine … :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Simpsons Thats The Joke GIF

4 Likes

Haha @Dutch

3 Likes

I’m going to say that Tim, Hendo, Konate and Diaz starts, maybe even Joe at right back.

I would like to put this tie out of reach, and would like us to score quickly so that they don’t spend the entire 90 mins defending. I think we need more creativity in the midfield so I think Naby and Thiago will start again.

1 Like

Why start Gomez over Trent? Not getting the (Kurt)angle here…

3 Likes

Not fully sure what to think. On the one hand I’m seeing a fairly comfortable win by 2–3 goals. On the other hand, they beat Bayern and Juventus, and are in the semi final on merit, so you would have to think that they will be a very tough opponent.

Hopefully we win by a couple and take that lead to their place, and they will have to come out a bit, which will suit the pace we have up top. Anyway, game on, and Emery was unfortunately ridiculed a bit during his stint at Arsenal, when he is a very good coach.

Alisson
Trent Konate VVD Robbo
Henderson Fabinho Thiago
Salah Mane Diaz

6 Likes

Surely they will come to get a draw and hopefully put one past us. We shoud have other ideas.

1 Like

Another team that sit back defending and try to pinch a goal on the counter attack, already saw off Bayern and juventus so we know what to expect.

Fab goal confirmed.

7 Likes

Haven’t seen them much this season, but the few times I have it’s been obvious they’re good at building from the back, and it seems that’s how they mainly want to play. Pau Torres is often central to that, either switching the play or playing the sort of medium pass into midfield from a deep position to beat the high press. So I think we’ll get opportunities to win the ball high up the pitch. On the flip side, they’re good enough to play through us, especially if our press isn’t fully on point.

Normally, we should beat them over two games. I think they look like a good team (well, obviously, CL semi-finalist), but with the form we’re in I just think we’ll score more goals. We’re better at both ends of the pitch; that’s what got us through against Inter, and I think that will be the case in this tie as well.

5 Likes

From what I have seen, very crisp triangle passing and they don’t seem to panic. Very definitely defensive and counterattack.

1 Like

Apart from a couple of scares early on, I’m predicting a very professional and in the end comfortable outcome. 3-0. Who ends up scoring the second two though after Konaté’s inevitable headed opener?
I always think the Robbo - TAA rivalry is always so nip and tuck, after a Robbo goal you sense Trent getting on the scoresheet is more likely.
Dìaz solo run and slot to wrap things up.

4 Likes

33-1. Get on!

6 Likes

Nice article here:

3 Likes

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game. COYR YNWA :+1: :nerd_face:

4 Likes

20 minutes of a Klopp presser and nobody asked how is Bobby, our only (hopefully until tomorrow) player our injured or in doubt.

:man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like