Pre-Match Liverpool vs Villarreal (h) CL Semi Final 20h00 GMT, 27/04/2022

Did no one ask a general injury question at all? Probably the only thing most of us want to know pre game.

This is the night that Keita hits one from 25 yards into the net, I know he has been about 25 yards wayward but that all changes he has just been getting his eye in.

6 Likes

Nope, not one question on team news from what I’ve heard.

Klopp said that it’d be suprising for Firmino to be ready.

2 Likes

There will be lots of dark arts, there will be dogged defending, but there will be lots of hearts too. I think Villarreal will defend deep, try to disrupt our rhythm, and try to hit us with quick counters. They will plan to get away with a 0-0 or even a slim deficit. We have to be not just patient but also innovative.

Alisson
Trent Konate VVD Tsimikas
Henderson Thiago
Salah Mane Diaz
Origi

Konate has proved to be useful in scoring from corners. Though Robertson played well in the last couple of games, the early crosses Tsimikas sends in will be useful to counter their packed box. Origi’s presence in the box will allow some space for Mane and specially Salah who has been marked by multiple players in the last few games.

1 Like

No way that is the starting eleven.
In any imagination

I’d go

Ali
Trent
Ibra
VVD
Tsimi
Fab
Thiago
Hendo
Salah
Mane
Diaz

Andy’s deserves a wee rest methinks.

1 Like

Will you tell him!!

Alberto Moreno on Jurgen Klopp:

“He is one of the best coaches in the world. Everything he is doing has enormous merit. If I see him at Anfield I will give him a hug and talk to him - he always treated me well, despite playing sometimes more and sometimes less.”

11 Likes

Agree with Tsimikas for this one, but hope Trent gets a rest v Newcastle

I think we will need Thiago against this low block. But I am concerned about the minutes he’s getting.

1 Like

Yes. Thiago and Fab are proving virtually undroppable.
It’s hard to see where they can be rested.

2 Likes

Naby Keita Popcorn GIF by Liverpool FC

5 Likes

Yeah, but Thiago’s ability to move the ball quickly with fast accurate passes is unmatched in the squad.

Could be a bluff by Klopp :man_shrugging:t2:

I’m not saying he’s as good in that respect, but I’m saying that we have good options for a rotation, and we have 5 subs to bring on so we will most likely see changes on 60 minutes again anyway…

8 Likes

On the subject of rotation it’s noticeable that over the past 5 or 6 weeks JK has gone more and more with a core group of 13 or 14 players and has only tended to rotate the attack.
Minamino, AOC, Elliott, Origi, Jones, Milner and Tsimikas have barely kicked a ball in that time. Gomez only when Trent was injured.
I think something will have to give this week. Early KO at Newcastle and the return leg against Villareal will be our 4th game in 9 days.
Some big decisions to be made.

1 Like

Didn’t see Kelleher in training, only Alisson and Adrian, so it could be Adrian as the only goalie on the bench tomorrow.

1 Like

I hope Divock at least makes the squad. He may be needed if we again encounter a stubborn 11 man defence.

2 Likes