Pre Match | Liverpool vs. West Ham Utd | PL Matchday 7 | Saturday 31st October 17:30 | Anfield

Well, unless I missed something, in the training photos released from today, I noted the absence of: Matip, Keita, and Thiago.

Unclear why no Thiago, as I thought he’d been back training with the team but was just “not quite ready” for the CL game. I’ve been counting on his return to help solidify the midfield.

I’m assuming at this point that Matip won’t be fit for West Ham, which leaves a choice of Rhys, Nat, or putting a MF back into CB. While I know that Phillips is the more experienced, he also has no long term future at the club, and has actually had less game time than Williams, who has so far acquitted himself very well. Either way, I think it’s vital that we revert to our 4-3-3 and have a very hardworking midfield in front of our back line.

I also think it’s time to put together the most in form of our front 3.

So, I’d go with:

Alisson
TAA Rhys W. Gomez Robbo
Hendo Thiago Gini (if Thiago not fit, then Curtis J.)
Mane Salah Jota

There aren’t many clubs,
Other than our normal rivals Citeh, United, Chelsea and Everton that I hate as much as West Ham.

Fucking minging club.

Hope we twat them.

Antonio out for a month, confirmed.

3 Likes

That is good news as I thought his physicality and aerial prowess would cause us problems

Due to the swelling on his knee, Thiago has been training on his own just as a precaution.

We will be the dream killers. Everytime a shite team think they are getting their act together, we will come in and destroy them. 9-3 win to us.

2 Likes

Good news on Antonio he is playing very well. Happy birthday to Scott Jones.

3 Likes

I can’t actually bring myself to be happy about it. He’s caused us loads of problems in the past and West Ham will be ‘easier’ to face without him but he seems like a really good, solid and well spoken lad. I briefly watched some parts of a show with him and a few of the other London based footballers speaking of their upbringing and the trials they faced coming through and how they are looked up to by their communities. He was really down to earth and humble and it’s a pity is injured when he’s in good form.

6 Likes

With all the coverage of VVD’s injury and discussion surrounding Pickford and intent…we are in danger of forgetting the thuggish assault on Thiago, and the games he has missed due to that injury.
Hopefully he is fit for this, and that he plays at the base of a three with Hendo and Gini. Keita us out I think? Up front Mane, Salah and Jota. Mych as I love Bobby he is in the worst form of the 4 so he would miss out.

Gomez and Rhys at CB…

5 Likes

I hate injury being wished for or celebrated, but I am glad he us not playing.

1 Like

Was thinking the same. The commentator kept saying how nothing is going right for Yarmolenko because he couldn’t say he’s shit.

2 Likes

Agreed on the Antonio news. And also a happy birthday to Scott.

4 Likes

It seemed more malicious to me. The fact he got a red card and Thiago wasn’t injured as bad as Van Dijk is why outrage towards Richarlison isn’t as much as Pickford. It could have been worse for Thiago actually.

2 Likes

Love the optimism that Matip will be seen before Jan.

2 Likes

Matip may well be made from a chocolate Easter Egg recipe… but I am sure we knew that pre-signing. Maybe as fans, it is becoming more relevant with each batch of games why he cost us zero pounds in the transfer market…
Having said that, he has played his part in landing us the CL and Premiership…
What should concern us more… Is that there is £100m worth of talent we invested sitting alongside him everyday in the treatment room… Ox and Keita… Anyone got the time to calculate who has been the best value for money for us over the same period of time…! Is this what the future holds for us with these two… If it is what is the answer…?

Agreed with @Colorado_Red team.

R Williams deserves another game tomorrow after his performance on Tuesday night.

Thiago still not training with main group this morning so would be surprised to see him involved tomorrow.

Moyes asked about us missing Virgil, says the biggest difference is us being without fans, that they’re so important to us. Did he forget that the whole league is without fans? Did he forget how it’s like to have proper support from his fans, considering the crap moves West Ham have been making in last years?

:joy:

2 Likes

Ox was a slight injury in pre-season and no ones seen him since.
Shame there was no real interest from Wolves.

Keita - Hasnt he been self isolating? Probably got injured doing that knowing him!

2 Likes

Chamberlain’s injury wasn’t slight. It was described as being very similar to Henderson’s at Brighton which forced him out of the last few weeks and most of the preseason. Keita as far as it is known has no injury. He could still be testing positive for Covid as does Ronaldo and Dybala before them.

2 Likes

Just watched the Jurgen presser.

Thiago might be involved tomorrow. Keita close. Reconfirmed that Hendo is fit and him being taken off at HT on Weds night was a “responsible” decision given the schedule.

When discussing CB options, he specifically referred to Rhys Williams, Nat Phillips and Billy the Kid (although said he’s been injured). No mention of Sepp at all. Matip still no ready.

3 Likes