Pre Match: Manchester City v. Liverpool, 1630 BST (UTC +1), Sunday 10 April 2022 (Premier League)

No excuse whatsoever to give this to Anthony ‘I didn’t see it until VAR intervened’ Taylor from Manchester. Fucking disgusting decision compounded by having another twat on VAR. These 2 have a list of bad decisions against us as long as my fucking arm. I can only imagine the feeling of anguish Taylor experiences as he trundles over to the monitor knowing he’ll have to give a decision in our favour having ‘missed it’ in live play, the fucking bald cunt. He’s already cost us one title in this fixture in 2019, I swear if he does it again and we accept it we might as well pack it in completely.

8 Likes

Why would we not be? We’re the form team, have caught up 13 points on them, look impenetrable at the back with big Jo-el, and have smashed them before. Find it easy to believe these days!

4 Likes

This is the kind of level-headed, impartial analysis that many of us on this board could do with at this time. I applaud Jaffod for going against the grain with this post, and encourage the rest of you flat-foots to do the same.

10 Likes

Please tell me you not Pickford.

4 Likes

I‘m expecting a draw.
Who will be the ref?

No one worries me from their side, apart from Foden. The little shit seems to be playing the game of his life every time he faces us.

Keep him quiet, be cynical, get three points.

1 Like

And De Bruyne. Deflected goal and all

2 Likes

:laughing: :+1:

2 Likes

If we can prevent City from scoring then all we have to do is put the ball in their net to win it.

I mean what do I know. I’m just an overweight, middle aged bloke, sitting on the couch, drinking beer and shouting expletives at some of the best professional athletes in the world. I’m sure Jürgen has this one covered.

11 Likes

Irony = Calling yourself a whippet!!

5 Likes

Wonder if Klopp is tempted with Keita based on last night? Meaning Hendo on the bench?

Although Hendo’s leadership and battle awareness would be massive in this, his form hasn’t been great recently.

I think Matip back in, and the other dilemma is the 3 from 5 up front.
Of the 5 Mo is in the least prolific form, but for me he has to start. He could be the difference on Sunday.
I think I would start Mo, Bobby and Mane. Diaz and Jota if required late on.

The ref and VAR has me rattled, I really think its that significant. But I remain confident for this, I think we rise to the bigger occasion.

Not sure if we are game managing or as suggested a bit complacent when cruising, but we are more tuned in against better teams. Excited already, great time to be a supporter!

3 Likes

The whippet is the Liverpool supporting dog in the picture. I’m not even sure if he even knows that he supports Liverpool. He seems to rather enjoy the supply of lager and crisps when the match is on.

7 Likes

I doubt he will go from what he had planned, the only player that might change his mind is Diaz but I still expect he goes with Firmino or most likely Jota. I think that front three is flexible but at the moment our star in that front three is not there on form. For a game with City that CM is too open without Henderson, Keita for Thiago is the only way I would go for a match like this.

I’m glad Jota is getting in goal scoring positions in these past two. Before the international break and after that injury he looked off the boil.

3 Likes

Over It Reaction GIF by Freeform's Single Drunk Female

Sorry I don’t buy into this thought that the loser can get back in the race. For me everything is on the line Sunday, the momentum gained from winning is everything.

We are man on man the better team, make no mistake this is not a City team it was… They haven’t replaced Kompany, D.Silva, Aguero with anything like the quality they were.

If I were Klopp I’d have a picture of our starting 11 and next to it a picture of their City equivalent and every day tap it and say look… That is your opponent, he is not your equal. This isn’t rose tinted glasses here, bar Thiago v’s De Bruyne which is a lively debat we are better all over the pitch. We now need to show it.

If there was ever a game where we needed to define our mantra “intensity is our indentity” it’s Sunday. None of this “feel your way into the game” bullshit for 10-20mins. Minute one, in their faces, push, press, hussle make their breathing heavy and their legs jelly. Fucking into them from the off, I want a marker putting down that Pep the bald fraud despite being a good manager he isn’t Klopp, he needs billions to compete. He is again 2nd in a 2 man contest!

My only regret will be Dias is missing so we could put to bed (publically because we all know) that Virgil Van Fucking Dyke is the supreme central defender in world football. He is a god amongst men.

p.s. Form is temporary, class is permanent. Salah to score!

11 Likes

0-3! Klopp knows best!

2 Likes

Goddamn you’ve got me ready to go FIGHT!!!

2 Likes

Stirring stuff.

If we lose I can’t see a way back for us, but if we win, it’s not done and dusted. We’ll still have some tough games ahead.

7 Likes

Lose and its over.
City have a piss easy run in.

1 Like

On last night’s showing I’d be tempted to start Keita but Hendo would be one of the first names on the teamsheet. For me our best midfield is always Hendo + Fabinho + one other.