Pre Match: Manchester City v. Liverpool, 1630 BST (UTC +1), Sunday 10 April 2022 (Premier League)

Can’t disagree with that.

1 Like

Again, this match will not decide the “title race”. Still many games to play.

Like Crystal Palace, I presume? West Ham haven’t been the best playing away, but they’ve still done pretty well at home. They haven’t played Wolves away either, the game that they needed help from the referee with at home…

1 Like

You mean like how Chelsea had won the league by October, and City had won it by January? Yes.

Westham away is not easy

Both Diaz and Keita put a big case forward to play at weekend, but with both playing the full match it would suggest Klopp has them in mind to start from the bench at weekend.

Matip was rested so will be back in to form the usual strong back 4.

Fab picks himself, Hendo and Thiago on reduced minutes last night so it feels like they will start.

Front 3 you have to fancy Mo and Salah to play, with them being subbed off last night.

The only dilemma for me is Bobby or Jota, I would go with Bobby to start and Jota and Diaz to come off the bench.

4 Likes

You can disagree all you want and try and be a pedant but my view is the winner on Sunday wins the league. We are 8 games left of the season including Sunday, a much smaller window to regain points, we’ll be 4 points behind and City’s run on paper is easier than ours.

The fact we’ve got ourself back into this position is a freak of nature to be honest and well done to everyone involved from the club, I was convinced it was over when we were over 10 points behind in Jan, and very happy proven wrong.

4 Likes

What if it’s a draw?

1 Like

Was about to say this

1 Like

If City win I think they win the League.

I wouldn’t be as quick to suggest if we win it is also done. Still a lot of work to be done should we come out of Sunday with 3 points.

5 Likes

Not the end of the world, it’s a tough one to work out from there as they go to Wolves and could drop points and we play Utd next at home. I’d rather draw than lose but that’s pretty obvious haha.

I guess I’m coming from the angle we beat City I expect them to shit the bed and drop points v’s Wolves etc. Their team is a bit fragile, I don’t see any big leader personalities etc. We need to exploit that and get them in panic mode.

5 Likes

A fifth of the season, and you’re not factoring in what might be “easier” for us wouldn’t be “easier” for them and vice versa. Very simplistic thinking you have going on here.

So maybe don’t be so quick to judge it?

If we win this how many points do we go ahead by?

Angry Manchester City GIF by DAZN

Yes, calm down Pep. 2, that’s right. 2 points.

11 Likes

It is simple, momentum is a fucking massive force in football. It’s how we won the league last time.

Look you are being overly antagonistic about this with all the sarcasm, you disagree fine let’s leave it there.

2 Likes

In my opinion

We beat them
= we will need 5 more wins and 2 draws for the title

A draw on Sunday
= we will need to win the remaining 7 to win the title

We lose
= it’s over. 4 points with 7 games to go. They having the easier run compared to us and after that low blow of a loss. Very difficult to see another turnaround.

Big difference between 14 points in January and 4 points in April.

4 Likes

There’s so much expectation management going on about this match, just like all season.

Maybe just don’t have any expectations about it and just enjoy each game as it is? If we win the league, what a journey. If we don’t, still an amazing journey. How often can we have said to have truly been in with a chance of a quadruple? I don’t get the repeated premature declarations that a game is lost, or the league is lost, when there’s still everything to play for.

1 Like

I can’t explain why but I really want to win the league on GD or even down to goals for. I want to beat them by the narrowest of margins just so it hurts more.

7 Likes

The same momentum that saw them lose their winning streak? By that logic, no team that’s on a winning streak should lose it, ever, and we should see much longer streaks than we normally do. We should have seen a team win every single game in a season by now, and yet we haven’t.

And that’s because so much of what’s taken as gospel truth by football fans is often just the narrative being used to wrap the facts, rather than looking at them for what they are.

Fucking sadist, imagine the next 8 games if that’s the final outcome. I think I’d be in a casket by game 6.

4 Likes

Manchester’s cocaine supply will run out.

2 Likes

Most of it comes from Liverpool’s docks tbh…

1 Like