Pre Match: Manchester City v. Liverpool, 1630 BST (UTC +1), Sunday 10 April 2022 (Premier League)

Keita is ideal to start the return Benfica game. Along with a few others. I expected another few changes for that game, hopefully score the next goal, put the tie to bed, use the 5 subs and go fresh in the FA Cup semi game.

3 Likes

Big game this, can’t bloomin wait. Already hard to concentrate on anything else, can’t see much work getting done the rest of this week.

Bring. it. on.

Interesting to see who joins Mane and Salah up front, I’d go for Bobby for the big game experience and better pressing/game control however interesting to see who Jurgen thinks will be most effective against City.

A run away victory for us would just be sublime. Any win for us will be glorious. Great fun supporting Liverpool these days.

1 Like

Agree.

But, that red card for Hendo proved costly, missing 3 of the last 4 games. Had that not had happened, we probably would have clinched the title. Shows how anything can happen in the title race.

That’s why, even if we lose on Sunday, we’ve got to win the remainder of the games and see where we end up.

4 Likes

I’m thinking a lot about Hendo in this game.

He’s got a bit of a monkey on his back after 2014 - played a superb game and then, pretty much needlessly, got himself sent off with consequences that were arguably the as consequential as anything else that had happened in the run in. I also wonder if he is conscious of how he might respond to a win in a way that doesnt tempt fate the way Stevie did with this “dont let it slip” comment."

2 Likes

Difference between him and Stevie regardless of the circumstances is he lifted a title.

8 Likes

I agree with this. Hendo was vital for Liverpool that season (especially with the lack of squad depth that liverpool had)

1 Like

Its “a” difference.
But not the only difference.

Of course it will isn’t but the fact he has one in the bank helps matters

1 Like

I would start Díaz, Firmino and Salah

With plan to bring on Jota and Mane after 60 mins.

4 Likes

All this talk of win, lose or draw on Sunday. Different scenarios of where us or citoil may drop points in the run in after Sunday. Some time ago it was pointed out in TAN that ‘we win all our remaining games we’re Champions’.
Nothing has changed. Don’t sweat games that ard still weeks away. Firstly let’s beat citoil on Sunday. Then Utd, then The Ev and so on. Culminating in a win versus Wolves onnthe last day. Just win all of the games and let citoil do the worrying.
COYR YNWA :+1::nerd_face:

15 Likes

Yes.
Indirect free kick signalled, Smith didn’t touch the ball. Goal disallowed. Title for Liverpool. But lets not dwell on it !!

1 Like

I dont think so. Despite this being massive, and it is massive there are still a few twists to follow. 1989 was the last game of the season, so there really isn’t the same cup final feel.
If Liverpool win on Sunday the next two games are real challenges regarding concentration etc its not over Sunday evening no matter what the result is.
Win makes it a lot more clearer, but it would be silly to celebrate a title with games to go.

3 Likes

Dwell?

Its Been A Long Time Reaction GIF

Well, 33.

5 Likes

I think if we manage to win it then it’s going to be by a point or GD…buckle up!

1 Like

Naby Fabinho Henderson in midfield for me .
Thiago like others need to do more .
SALAH MANE DIAS to start

If we don’t spank Everton and Utd by 3+ goals a piece then I won’t be happy.

1 Like

If we beat City by 1 goal they need to make up a 7 goal difference gap. Beat them by 2 and it’s 9. With only 7 games remaining, that looks unlikely.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t that be immaterial as weird be 2 points ahead of them if we beat them?

1 Like

Gives us the option to draw another game and win on GD.

3 Likes

This game is so hyped up I know it will get to Pep (Guardiola). Plus with the coming CL game at AM, I am sure he will try to over innovate his setup. Jurgen, on the other hand, has worked to put the “one game at a time” mindset into our boys. Together with attacking the title, I am willing to bet our boys will be the more focused. This should set us up nicely to just go for it.
1-3 for the Mighty Reds. YNWA

3 Likes