Pre Match | Manchester City v Liverpool | PL Matchday 8 | Sunday 8 November 16:30 | Emptihad

This is the big one. Surely Jota must start given his current form.

Alisson

Trent Williams Gomez Robertson

Henderson

Wijnaldum Thiago

Salah Jota Mane

Phillips and Williams both good in the air, of course, but I think we’d benefit more from Williams’ extra yard of pace (compared to Phillips). If Matip’s fit enough to play then he could come in but would be risky after a lay-off.

Only other question is about Thiago. If he’s fit enough I think he starts as he’ll bring control to the midfield. If not then Jurgen may look to Milner here as a solid option. Keita may be an option as well depending on fitness.

Bench: Adrian, N Williams, Matip/Phillips, (3 of Milner, Jones, Keita, Shaqiri), Firmino

I’m going 1-3 to Liverpool.

2 Likes

Smash.
Them.
They.
Are.
Shit.

19 Likes

For the love of all that is good and holy, destroy them. Pummel them into oblivion.

3 Likes

We will beat them and Pep will say ‘he loved how citeh play’,i’ll go with the not so obvious Jota handing their arse to them,2-0.

7 Likes

Massive game for them but just another ordinary one for us, would like to see Matip back in with Joe and Thiago fit enough for the bench at least. We have learned how to play without Virgil and keep winning so lets win again

2 Likes

Good luck with the match thread @Kopstar

4 Likes
2 Likes

CB Partner for Gomez in the following order:

1. Matip, 2. Williams, 3. Phillips

We don’t really need Nats physicality for this one.

I also hope we don’t risk Keita or especially Thiago from the start so I would start both Diogo and Bobby.

4-3-3
4-2-3-1
4-2-2-2

Alisson
Trent Joel Joe Andy
Bobby Hendo Gini
Salah Jota Mané

We need Bobby to press them.

2 Likes

Final week at Melwood, let’s make the best possible preparation and beat this lot!

For me, it’s much more interesting what Klopp goes with in midfield rather than the Bobby/Jota/both question up top.

We don’t have an ideal “3rd” option in midfield at the moment. It’s hard to see Thiago making it for this one, we can only hope he might be on the bench. We’ll see what Klopp picks there or maybe goes 4-2-3-1 with all 4 main attackers.

I think Matip starts for sure if there are no issues until Sunday.

So we’re hoping it’ll be Joe G and Joe L as cb pairing,that’ll be nice timing.

4 Likes

The referee is Craig Pawson and the VAR is Paul Tierney.

2-2 is the result.

1 Like

Alisson
Trent - Matip - Gomez - Robertson
Henderson - Wijnaldum - Milner
Salah - Firmino - Mane

Subs - Adrian, Williams, Tsimikas, Shaq, Thiago, Keita, Jota

I would rest Jota, having given Bobby the proverbial kick up the arse, then bring Jota on for the last third of the game, to run at a tired Citeh defence. He also picked up a little knock last night and there might be concerns (Also notice he came off to an ice pack after WHU) as well as I think we will be more effective this way, keeping he and Firmino guessing.

Curtis Jones will be unlucky because he played a really mature game last night but the dictates of the fixture require more experienced heads, but he could still make the bench ahead of Keita.

Im going 1-3 to us.

The league was already gone so winning this will just be a consolation :smirk:

1 Like
Ali
Trent Joe Joel Robbo
Hendo Gini/Thiago Naby
Mo Dio Sadio
2 Likes

I would rest Salah Mane Firmino and Jota, need to keep them fresh for the national teams.

7 Likes

What?! I hope you are saying that in jest.

1 Like

No i am serious

:laughing:

1 Like

If Thiago has a chance to play, he should. These are the games where his quality makes the difference. He is a metronome in the middle. Keeps it moving, probing, passing, angles, so good…

Jota for Bobby, form innit… but Bobby is ace and will come again.

Williams at the back, bit of extra pace over Phillips, though the latter very useful against the more bullying Prem teams.

Allison
Trent Williams Gomez Robbo
Wijnaldum Henderson Thiago
Salah Jota Mane

3-1 Liverpool.

2 Likes

With the Fab 4 in there we will overwhelm their defence.

1 Like

:upside_down_face:

11 Likes