Pre-match: Manchester City vs Liverpool | EPL, Saturday 25th November, 12:30 GMT

Sky just mentioned the Macca had the most tackles and possession wins for our team this season.

1 Like

I doubt he was ever injured.

Ice T React GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

1 Like

Posted at 11:4311:43

‘The threat sometimes holds you back’

Man City v Liverpool (12:30 GMT)

Liverpool

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp speaking to Sky Sports on how they can beat Manchester City: "A little bit of what Chelsea did when they were super aggressive and unpredictable.

"Everyone who pressed made the final step, these kinds of things. The respect they create, the threat they are, it holds you back from time to time because nobody wants to look silly.

"In the best games we ever played, we lost the most challenges. If we let them roll with it, then they are too good and it’s really tricky.

“If you can interupt that rhthym then we can have our own moments. We will see, we are prepared as good we can be but the boys have to do it now.”

Is this a test of whether Liverpool can challenge City for the title? "That depends really on the game. Of course we should play a good game today. Let’s see.

“I will know more after the game. Of course it’s a test in the sense of football in general.”

Posted at 11:5611:56

‘In our moments, we have to play’

Man City v Liverpool (12:30 GMT)

Liverpool

More from Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp, speaking to Sky Sports: "I don’t know if it’s a rivalry or not. It’s a super special game. When you are young, you dream of being part if these kind of games. If you don’t watch this game, what do you want to do?

"I understand [the magnitude of the game]. We have to be there. We have to make sure the special things don’t overrule the normal things we have to do.

"It’s very early in our development with this group. For us, it’s a start. The goals we’ve scored [against City] in the past were real team goals, with nearly a minute in possession.

“City have obviously changed slightly. Last season in the build-up it was a bit more compact. They dominate the ball with 60 or 70% possession or whatever. In our moments, we have to play as well.”

1 Like

I was thinking more along the lines of Konate physically dominating Doku. Scare him by putting in a hard but fair challenge.

Of course, Matip has experience, so he will defend in his own way. Trent will need to be circumspect during the times when Shitty are on top.

Glad Curtis is in the team. I think he’ll have a good game ticking things over, and then complementing the attack when needed.

its my birthday today, you all know my wish!!! Lets fucking get it REDS!!

7 Likes

Skuse the french…but this guy really riles me.

city gone very offensive with their lineup…My nightmare of trent vs Doku is here

Just someone help him

It’s nauseating how the pundits decide to go wank over City and Guardiola.

Tainted wins.

2 Likes

Szoboszlai will need to cover at times. He has the tools to do it.

Don’t allow him to come inside to make a more simple pass. Show him outside and his crossing/passing is raw and wild at times.

1 Like

Happy birthday

2 Likes

Today, jonesy will release the ball early and often…that is my wish.

Early crosses in please. Can’t allow city to dictate play.

they will dictate, we jus need to punish them when we have it

And fuck the cunt with the half and half scarf

2 Likes

I never expect anything from this fixture and I hate the 12.30 start. Please don’t spoil the rest of my weekend. COYR.

Our away form has not been great and we need to show up today.

ny thoughts exactly… its like 730 am here… LOONG day to stew over a loss

1 Like

Two prerequisites for victory ;

1. Don’t gift them a goal.
  2. Don’t gift them an early goal.

Come on Reds !

2 Likes

No gifts for Shitty please. If they earn it, then fair enough. Can’t be handing it on a plate for them.

Feel that Salah and Darwin will have some fun with a direct ball on the counter.