Pre Match: Newcastle United v. Liverpool, 1230 BST (UTC +1), Saturday 30 April 2022 (Premier League)

Damn it you caught the edit…

In form team with a couple in St-Maximin and JoeLinton that can get after us. That Almiron can be a sneaky little bastard too.

Wondering if Gomez might get a look for his pace and defensive nous on the wing against ASM. Would expect Naby to start, along with Jota.

Three points lads, there’s 4 cups to be had!

1 Like

With having 3 games in 6 days basically, we have to rotate a bit here and hope for the best. This one and then Tottenham match are probably the toughest fixtures remaining in the league campaign.

Hope Tsimikas is recovered from illness

Alisson
Gomez Matip Van Dijk Tsimikas
Elliot Henderson Keita
Mane Origi Jota

1 Like

Good solid win here with no injuries please. Give them a big lesson on playing a top team which they take on board and spank City the following week.

Confirmation for Joel’s brace.

12 Likes

No room for error 0-3 or we’re in big shit for this competition.

3 Likes

Trying to impress Alice, innit?

1 Like

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel,formation and tactics to see us through this game. :+1::nerd_face:

1 Like

2 Likes

Despite Newcastle’s improved league position, they’re still shite. We should be winning this game, no problem.

8 Likes

Yeah… couple of players that could cause us some problems, particularly on the break… but that’s what i thought about Villareal

1 Like

I haven’t watched Newcastle under Howe, only seen some analysis clips. Apparently he’s gone super defensive against good teams, real safety first approach with zero risk taking. This was against Chelsea, but they mentioned it was a common theme with them since he got the job.

So, surprisingly, maybe they’ll prove stubborn to break down. Not something I associate with Howe after his Bournemouth years.

1 Like

I’ve actually developed a deep hatred and disgust of this lot since their takeover.

Anything to get the points. This one is set up for a Jota masterclass (new favourite player)

8 Likes

Despite some rotations the core players have played a lot in last couple of months. There are some very tired legs out there.

3 Likes

I think threatening to throw their coaching staff off the stadium roof if a bit much.

I wonder if they are still dressing up as sheikhs? I totally get that they wanted rid of Mike Ashley and they had my sympathies with that. The club was sold as a commercial concern and you can’t blame the fans for that. In no way did I expect them to walk away from the club because of their new owners and support Sunderland but the sheer joy they showed at exactly the sort of people their new owners were really leaves a bad taste.

My Newcastle supporting mate actually seems to be slightly embarrassed by it, which is fair enough, but his comment was how is this different from Manchester City or PSG or Chelsea? Essentially there isn’t any difference and that’s the problem. It is wrong with the others and it is wrong with Newcastle. Except, I suppose, that there are a lot more beheadings with this lot.

4 Likes

Klopp on Newcastle

“They are on an incredible run. Eddie (Howe) has played a massive part. They signed one of our analysts (Mark Leyland) which for sure a big part. Mark, if you see this…we play completely different now!”

10 Likes

This one smells like 2019. :joy:

Hopefully it’s not as tight/stressful as then.

1 Like

Don’t mind that, as long as the outcome is different this time.

I hate the media wankfest and the narrative that there’s a “feel good factor all around Newcastle” all of a sudden.

Yeah- they’ve been beating shit teams and are buoyed by investment from a disgraceful, human rights abusing country that is up there with the most evil on Earth.

Hope we stuff them 6-0.

19 Likes