Pre Match: Newcastle United v. Liverpool, 1230 BST (UTC +1), Saturday 30 April 2022 (Premier League)

I understand the reasoning behind the team selection, but I I think it’s a gamble. We need nothing less than three points. Why no Origi on the bench? I don’t get that one, unless he’s injured.

3 Likes

Too many changes for my liking.

In Klopp we trust. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

yeah Milner in midfield is a puzzler.

Ill, apparently. TBH too many changes for my liking but I’ll trust Klopp on this.

1 Like

Milner and Henderson Klopp out :grin::grin:

Never liked when Hendo and Milner both played the #8 but Hendo playing #6 today so that’s ok for me.

1 Like

He’s certainly freshened things up and understand why given the short turnaround.
Less confident of the 3 points now but hopefully we’ll be fine!
So much for the idea Milner wouldn’t be starting another game.

Newcastle line-up
Newcastle XI: Dubravka, Krafth, Schar, Burn, Targett, Shelvey, Bruno, Willock, Almiron, Saint-Maxmin, Joelinton

Milly in the midfield with Hendo? I wonder if the midfield will be too immobile?

As I thought, Joe Gomez for the threat of Saint-Maximin. That kinda destroys Eddie Howe’s week long plan of trying to get in behind Trent.

Keita will have licence to get forward. We must not panic. 0-0 at 60 min is fine. Keep probing.

1 Like

Me too.

2 Likes

Lol fixed that

Origi out through illness not covid

1 Like

Pretty much the lineup I envisioned, except for Milly. One eye on the CL prize. Think Milly will be first off, depending on how the game is going. May sit both he and Hendo a bit deeper, and let Naby lad have at it.

COYR! We got this!

2 Likes

Is this where we say goodbye to the title then?

Of course he is… When we needed him and he had an opportunity during AFCON, he was injured. He’s got the most polarised luck in our team. When he has good luck it’s really good and bad luck…

1 Like

Already with the whining?

4 Likes

We needed rotation and this team will do just fine no need to worry!

1 Like

Milner 1 Mattyhurst 0

Never mind, mate. Nobody is right all the time. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Without sounding too complacent, we are a really strong team these days no matter who starts the game. We are capable of winning and putting any game to bed within any 15minute spell…
If things are not going to plan within the first 60mins, make the changes, alter the formation and tactics to suit… run out 2-0 winners… :0)
Keeping certain guys as fresh as possible for future battles…

1 Like

Mane, Diaz and Jota is full of speed, trickery and power. Probably bring in Salah on 60 when their defence is tired. Also feel uncomfortable with Milner starting. Maybe Jurgen intends to bring on Thiago or Fab for him later.

4 Likes

Bombastic Keita compensates for Ribena man’s discipline and endeavour. Easy 3 points today with massive strength off the bench @60mins if required.