Pre Match | Newcastle United v Liverpool | PL Matchday 16 | Wednesday December 30th 20:00h | St. James Park

Taki was more effective upfront as we saw against Palace. I’m hoping our usual front three come out firing after their poor showing against WB, especially Salah.

I’d nearly take that to be honest from a footballing point of view. We need a break to get lads back soon.

Hopefully it doesn’t though as we are at home heading into a month lockdown so I need some Liverpool to look forward to

After stringing five consecutive wins, our record since November 8 has been DWLDWWDDWWD. It seems we are struggling to buildup some steam. I don’t think we are going to runaway with the title this season and the title credential will be decided in the H2H between the main contenders. Still, it would be nice to have some daylight between us and the rest.

As for tonight’s match, there isn’t much to punter on the selection. It’s basically
Rhys vs. Nat and
Curtis vs. AOC

2 AM kick-off :sleeping: :triumph:

3 Likes

Sadly we need to win and build up some steam. Finish the year in gusto.

2 Likes

This season we will have to fight tooth and nail for every point. Jurgen will make sure of it.

2 Likes

So were West Brom and Fulham. We could really do with Millie back but not to be yet. I would prefer Phillips at CB to Williams , his only previous start was a motm performance against West Ham. Williams may be a better passer of the ball but Phillips is probably the better ball winner and unlikely to be phased. Not sure about the midfield. Until his mistake against WBA Jones was playing as well as anyone and had put in a few motm performances., Ox is more direct and experienced and Minamino will work like a Trojan closing down.
Just realised Shaqu is fit again giving us another option. Just have to trust Jurgen to get it right.

Phillips started against West ham and Brighton and i think he got man of the match in both.

4 Likes

He certainly did here.

And ours is the only MOTM vote that matters. :+1:

5 Likes

Whats weird is its been +3months and we still dont know the actual nature of the injury, or do we?

2 Likes

We do not. It’s really not my business and I don’t expect to be told. I am more concerned with my attire for the match and the risks of eating brunch before the nervous system makes itself known.

Up the Reds!

5 Likes

May I refer you to the Vedic guidance on the 4 suitable diets…

3 Likes

To be fair, some people think I wrote those.

5 Likes

Then make me a Vimana :flying_saucer:

3 Likes

Smash them. They’re shit.

10 Likes

Do you want chips with that?

3 Likes

I would except @cynicaloldgit will launch into his diatribe on air pollution.

Who needs that?

4 Likes

Anyone excited about the match?

(Dedicated to @ILLOK)

3 Likes

Everyone does. Especially you.

3 Likes

They run on anti-gravity and are non polluting :crazy_face:

So what is wrong with @cynicaloldgit tribes diet?

4 Likes

When we lost VVD, and Gomez not long after, if someone had offered us being 3/4 points off top going into the New Year I’d have taken that in a heartbeat. Still in the mix with the opportunity to get a top CB in and maybe another on loan.
Now we have reached that point and whatever happens we will be top on January 1st. I should view tonight as a free hit but I just can’t, anything less than 3 points will be a massive disappointment.
Up the fucking Reds!!

8 Likes