Pre Match | Newcastle United v Liverpool | PL Matchday 16 | Wednesday December 30th 20:00h | St. James Park

Urgh, it’s been ages since I had any proper coffee. Can’t stand these ready-mix shits they pass on as coffee.

2 Likes

Source? @Colossal_centre_back? :grinning:

1 Like

Would like to see Phillips over Williams for this game.

Based on his two games, he deserves another look given our injuries.

Surely we’d know by now if it was gonna be postponed.

Everton/City was called off four hours beforehand, today was three hours…

With two and a half hours to go, the real question is, how much longer do I have to watch fucking Paw Patrol??

6 Likes

Howling! Just googled Paw Patrol. I get such a kick out of seeing you in agony. FaceTime me.

3 Likes

Liverpool have scored 104 goals against Newcastle [their most versus any opponent] and have netted more times at St. James’ [43] than any other away ground in the Premier League era.

4 Likes

How did you guess? Twitter.

1 Like

Where is this @Lowton_Red fellow? He keeps delaying his tomes, leaving not enough required reading time (although many of you have recently told me you prefer reading @PeachesEnRegalia’s novellas).

4 Likes

Finally a match I can watch in Real-Time again ! It’s been two rounds of replays now !

I hope the team obliges me and takes out frustrations from the West Brom match on poor Newcastle. I hope that the match ends in a way where I almost feel sympathy for Newcastle and where I am ravingly enthusiastic and euphoric about the match afterwards.
But I will take a scrappy and nervy 0-1, 1-2 if I have to. 3 Points very much appreciated though, we need it now. We are actually at a place now where we need a series of wins to dispel any ideas poor imitations of champion-wannabees may have.

6 Likes

This is the most important game of the season, well at least it will be until the next one. It’s an absolutely must win game.

I like a man to be a clean, strong, upstanding chap who can look his gnu in the face and put an ounce of lead into it. Unfortunately at PGMOL, they have a different opinion, preferring their henchmen to be of the low callow sort, the type that give pimps and spivs a bad name. You know the coves I mean, the lowlife you used to see shimmying down Bugis Street, back in the day in old Singapore. Tonight we have paul “pie eater” tierney as the referee and stuart “codder” (tw)atwell on VAR, a bigger pair of ruffians you’re unlikely to meet. So, expect nothing from the ref, or VAR, and you won’t be disappointed.

Boudica, following the disappointment of last Sunday’s result, has been grim and purposeful, in the manner of a wife who rolls up her sleeves and spits on her hands and prepares to give a spouse the works. When I enquired of her opinion regarding young Curtis’ performance, she gave one of her penetrating laughs, the one that sounds rather like a train going into a tunnel. Consequently our young Lochinvar was fortunate not to be within the Mem’s grasp. I say fortunate, because Boudica can turn in a flash into a carbon copy of a harridan of the old school, capable of reducing an underling to a spot of grease. What is so remarkable is that she doesn’t have to use a lorgnette, she just does it all with the power of the human eye.

Back to tonight; we are really going to have up our game. Our midfield in particular will have to transition the ball, from defence to attack, with a tad more alacrity than the glacial pace they demonstrated last time out. We will be up against the usual twelve men on the pitch, plus all the technology Stockley Park can muster, so come on you Redmen, give’m down the banks!

Meanwhile Lawro, his face drawn, eyes haggard, with the general appearance that of one who has searched for the leak in life’s gaspipe with a lighted candle, has doubled down with a predicted two nil win to us.

Hopefully his attempted kiss of death won’t throw a spanner in the works and upset the apple-cart. :roll_eyes:

I’ll take a scrappy 1-0 win to us. :astonished:

13 Likes

Haha one of your best…reducing an underling into a spot of grease; I actually am experimenting with old magic, but one must first be chaste.

3 Likes

My goodness. From Hunter S. Thompson to Sir Walter Scott? And the topic sentence of that second paragraph…

3 Likes

5 Likes

Pretentious twat. It was actually the Thompson Twins to @Scott.Jones

8 Likes

…What?

7 Likes

Pretentious? Okay. Let’s play a game while we wait for the game. Who said this?

“MOTM: Tomás Roquette, son of the owners and head winemaker at Quinta do Crasto.”

5 Likes

I couldn’t give a shiny shite, tbh.

2 Likes

Everything was fine until the grid was shut down by dickless here.

4 Likes

@Lowton_Red I don’t think it’s you. It’s them. It’s just this new culture. But there is a certain charm to him, no?

2 Likes

@Alright_Now pull yourself together before you cool aura is dispelled !

2 Likes