Pre- match: Real Madrid v Liverpool, Wednesday 15th March, 20:00

Hoping for a Napoli win now, would even bear with Real winning it again. Anything for City not to win it, and also Chelsea, Milan and Bayern not to win it after first wish happens…shit, 4 out of 8 teams in the quarters are teams I absolutely don’t want to see winning it (at least Milan is not going to, that’s one I’m confident about).

Edit: oops, thought this was the post-match already…

1 Like

We played alright. Didnt get battered, didnt take our chances.

Thought Ibou was solid tonight.

2 Likes

I really couldn’t care less as long as it’s not Chelsea or Man City.

1 Like

Not great at passing though :neutral_face:

Ferdinand aint got a clue as he mentioned Diaz as not being at the level to start, numpty of the highest order

2 Likes

On 82 minutes we had a free kick near the touchline just inside the RM half. Did we play it forward? Did we feck. Konate? played it about four yards back into our half to Fabinho who was immediately put under pressure and played it out of play right where we’d had our free kick. That just about sums us up at the moment. :rage::nerd_face:

2 Likes

My sense is that keeping Salah is another instance of the error we made not rebuilding the midfield aggressively last year. Klopp’s tenure at a club seems to falter when his loyalty becames a liability instead of perhaps the best thing about him. At some point, rebuilding is necessarily a ruthless process.

4 Likes

Well, Bayern is a rival in CL trophies, so yes, it bugs me…Milan is so catchable if we win one more we are joint second…to me it’s really great to be able to boast being in top two European teams of all times.
Boasting being top three is pretty cool too, and Bayern is threatening to make it a quartet company… Not into that to be honest :grin:

2 Likes

I’d love City and Madrid to be drawn together in the next round.

4 Likes

Well if he can stay fit, find a club like Vila get into pre-season and still is fit, I like to see what he still can do.

1 Like

He loves getting himself all worked up when we lose. He loves to try and make everything a massive problem too. Tit.

1 Like

Must say, Gakpo was not the worst player on the pitch today … :innocent:

3 Likes

Good to see Owen proving him wrong

As things go that’s no big issue for me.

In fact I’m only bothered about Chelsea due to where I live if it wasn’t London I wouldn’t be bothered. They were the lesser of the two against Man City.

Just want that bunch of cnuts never to lift it.

We caused our own loss in the first leg. But the ref still needs to get mentioned here.

Milner shimmies to take two Madrid midfielders out the play, and for the only time in the game we have an open field with Madrid’s backline backtracking. Gets a take one for the team type foul, and no yellow.

The cynic in me thinks that the VAR performance at the end was just a farcical show for UEFA to feign no bias for Madrid.

1 Like

I understand the reasoning in that, just don’t see it that way. Salah’s case is irrelevant of our rebuild in my opinion, and you don’t just sell one of your most proven guaranteed goalscorers and club legend, just because theoretically it affects your rebuilding.
As for last summer, we hadn’t brought Gakpo yet, Mane had just left, Nunez would probably need some time to settle (never mind the not having any guarantee he would have worked for us), and Jota was out injured. Would have been really buffling to see 2 of our legendary front three leave in the same time…doubt it would have made any difference in getting Tchouameni or affect the Bellingham situation either…

Post game here Post Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool (UCL 15/03/23 8pm)

Personally I’d love Bayern to draw City and oust them, and have Madrid in handy just in case. But if it’s the draw you prefer and City is out, works for me just fine. :grin:

Good stuff Army, you work on getting that up and I’ll lock up here shall I?