Pre- match: Real Madrid v Liverpool, Wednesday 15th March, 20:00

I’m cynical about our hopes of progressing.

1 Like

Dickhead, why did you leave me with 34 seconds of agony.

2 Likes

Almost the perfect lineup :+1:. The only changes I will have is Gonez for Matip to have some pace as Trent will be exposed to Viniscus and Gakpo for Bobby. Think Gakpo currently offers more considering the form.

1 Like

Were they coached properly a week ago? No, it was early, it was cold and it was lowly Bournemouth and they couldn’t be bothered any less.

2 Likes

We’re turning on the coach now?

1 Like

I imagine its a very small “we”…
Most supporters recognise that this is a phase, albeit a bad one in an otherwise great period.
The truth is wothout City and all the murky stuff we would have 3 PL titles in the Klopp era.

But this is life.
Instant gratification mode.

3 Likes

Knee jerk mode, as well.

For example: Salah was brilliant last week and fully deserved that enormous contract but needs to be sold this week, as he’s shit and a total waste of money.

2 Likes

But Gomez has literally multiple brainfarts in one game…

I really hope Klopp doesn’t go full BR here. That would be a crime. I’d understand the theory (and kiss goodbye to £10) but concentrating purely on the PL now would be wrong IMHO.

2 Likes

It’s our last fixture for a fortnight so there is no logic in saving players for the league matches. Play our best possible XI for the fixture at hand and whatever happens happens.

4 Likes

Klopp doesn’t like to throw games even if we’ve already qualified from a CL group, absolutely 0 chance he picks anything other than what he perceives to be his best 11 here.

8 Likes

I very much hope so.

Klopp will still think we can win this…
We will lay siege to the RM penalty box

1 Like

Yeah remember that time he played Jota in a dead rubber and he got injured.

This is still a chance, Madrid May go down to 10 early on.*

*Though us and 10 men is usually 0-0, no need to rest players regardless but especially considering the 18 days between games.

I agree with you…this game will be about who has lesser brain farts, but I dunno if Matip can have less brain farts on a turn/pace of Vinicius.
You may be right as Virgil might be more comfortable with Matip.
All depends on what Klopp thinks though. He needs to spring a surprise to Ancelloti.

Last time I saw Matip he was trying to gift Palace a goal and it then focused on Klopp who was staring at it in bewilderment.

Im expecting that’s it for him, problem and I’ve noticed a lot is oh “replace him with such a player”, player then plays shit and it’s “replace him with the same player you asked to be dropped the week before”.

It’s why you notice one bad pass but forget the 20 fine ones, there is a term for this if I remember.

2 Likes

If what we got versus Bournemouth is the result of concentrating on the PL then God help us

4 Likes

Let’s hope VVD and Konate have no brainfarts for this upcoming ones!

Just do it, just win, whatever, go crazy! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Paste this remark from Rio Ferdinand in the dressing room. If this doesn’t rouse VVD, Fabinho and Salah, I have no idea what will!

3 Likes