Pre- match: Real Madrid v Liverpool, Wednesday 15th March, 20:00

God forbid we need motivation from that drug fuelled cunt

5 Likes

At this point it’ll accept a kick up the backside from any source as long as it gets us going.

3 Likes

I don’t care if they are playing RM… It is my night for the TV remote so where have you hidden it…? :0)

The things some LFC fans go through just to watch our boys eh :0)

PS… Someone should start a captions thread on the site… could be a hoot

Not a pleasant place to go and task to overcome, especially after getting beat at bloody Dean Court.

Realistically, this is almost surely over, but no doubt that we go there trying to give 100% of our will and know how, see what happens.

Our aim going into the game should be just to try and win. Start putting in a performance from the first second, try and score the first goal, try to limit the damage they can cause us in the other direction.

A lack of more consistency is our problem right now. The Bournemouth defeat is a bit shit considering we have that pause coming. Getting knocked out here, but at least winning and playing well might make the team feel better again, attacking the remaining 12 league finals.

I don’t see us starting too offensive on paper, I mean playing 4-4-2 from the off. I expect us to start 4-3-3, solid and strong, try and repeat the positivity we showed in the first 20-30 minutes or so at Anfield. Then after, we might see the structure and more or less the players we ended the game at Bournemouth.

We’ve lost 6 of the last 7 to these cunts and I see no reason why tomorrow will be any different.
If we get a draw and put in a decent, committed performance I’ll be happy.

4 Likes

Very much share the same sentiment but yes it’s hard to look past the pattern one has managed to have over the other in recent times.

The 2 weeks break after this we’ll have will be much welcomed, last thing we want is immediately carry the disappointment going out in the CL into a game at City.

Has definitely put paid to all the ‘we want Madrid’ shouts on here after losing out to them in Kiev. And then even after getting shafted in the group stages after that they still didn’t let up to get them in the final. Well we got them and we got fucked up. Properly. Will be glad to see the back of them.

3 Likes

But then I think…go out n thrash em…bully em and be physical with em…ok we might not win the tie…but just show em how we play…pls…

If we are going to attack we will get overrun again.

No new injuries is the main goal IMHO.

No choice but to attack, Klopp’s final words to his players will be nothing left to lose, go for it with what we have left and not worry about losing.

This team has never been set up to accommodate a pragmatic approach, like Barca few years ago we can’t match these for technicality but we have a (very slight) chance of being able to overwhelm them & pin them into areas of the pitch they don’t want to be in forcing errors.

Problem I have is that the last game has no bearing on this as the last game didn’t reflect the previous.

We could easily turn up and have a good go at this lot, I wouldn’t be surprised if we do.

Doubt we’ve got a chance but not really due to Bournemouth game.

1 Like

The world outside is saying it is not possible. And let’s be honest, it’s probably impossible. But because it’s you? Because it’s you, we have a chance.’

4 Likes

Henderson and Bajcetic appear to be doubts.

If neither makes it, it’s Fabinho, Elliott and one of Jones/Keita/Milner/Oxlade-Chamberlain. Fuck it go 4-2-4. Nothing to lose anyway, except pride and prestige but they’ve already done that lots of times this season.

Once more won’t make much of difference.

1 Like

If we have to go out at this stage we should go out fighting…
Absolutely blitz them for the first 45mins… see where it gets us. If we run out steam on 75mins so be it… we might have a 3goal lead by then we can hang onto :0)

1 Like

Just fight…show em what we are made of…

1 Like

Wouldn’t want to see the midfield that started against Bournemouth. But we’ll hear from Klopp later who is available, etc.

We need the midfield to be solid to protect the backline but allow the frontline to concentrate on attack as much as possible.
Milner and Fabinho definite starters with Hendo or Bajcetic if possible.If not i’d go with Chamberlain as a 3rd mid with a focus on shoring it up.

1 Like

That’s them training the rumours taken from that I guess.

Arthur to rescue the season.

That was not about wanting to put out a strong team though as much about Jota needing minutes given he had not played very much the prior 2-3 weeks. Fans had an image of him being first choice by that point because of his goals, but his appearances didnt reflect it. He needed minutes in his legs more than he needed protecting from the small risk of injury any player faces whenever they step out to play.

Reports now that Hendo didnt even travel, so that’s one step closer to the same 3 :neutral_face: