Pre-Match | Sheffield United vs. Liverpool | PL Matchday 26 | Sunday February 28th 19:15h | Bramall Lane

Klopp was a centre back, right? And I’m sure Carra still has a pair of boots knocking about.

Looks good though I would just swap Bobby for our new signing MBappe

That’s bollocks. It’s an injury crisis with some other factors (confidence, fatigue, missing fans, referees) contributing to a lesser extent

All i know is that Wilder is a fucking dickhead,3-0 to us.

4 Likes

I think it’s time to do something radical, and play center backs at CB, and midfielders in MF.

Right now, our best CB is Nat Phillips. I think Klopp should spend the week figuring out which of Kabak or Davies is best to partner him, and then stick with that pairing for as long as it’s working or one of them gets injured (or spontaneously combusts, like a drummer for Spinal Tap).

Since it looks like Fabinho’s going to be back in training this week, move him back to his favored #6 position, where he can provide some cover to this CB pairing.

In front of Fabs, need to get the best out of some combo of Gini, Thiago, Curtis, Naby, Millie. Just don’t think Ox is up to the pace anymore, and we need full heavy metal intensity for 90 minutes every match for the rest of the season if we’re going to get back into top 4.

1 Like

rupauls drag race raven GIF

2 Likes

I would start with Neco Williams at right back. and push Trent into MF. Neco would not be to much of a drop off defensively and Trent could offer a big boost in pace and aggression in MF. He would also be more likely to add striking power from MF. Some may think we will miss Trent¨s great crosses but as we have no big striker to take advantage of them I do not think that will matter.
CB`s for me Phillips and Davies. Phillips has proved to be effective in the PL this season, not the most classy CB but effective, and Davies has proved to be one of the best in the Championship and this opposition will be a championship team next season.
Four in MF for me., Trent, Gini, and perm any two from Curtis, Thiago and Naby, Personally I would start Curtis as ,up to last week he had been one of our most consistently effective midfielders Two up front would be Mo and Sadio.I am assuming Jota will be saved for the CL game.
That leaves us with quite a strong bench and mixes things up enough to make players realise things are a bit different and therefor encourage a bit of new thinking.

6 Likes

Definitely worth a try out. We are at a standstill at the moment and don’t look like scoring from open play. Need to change the system for sure.

1 Like

Would be nice to see that 4222 we saw second half vs West Ham - Thiago and Fab sitting behind Jones and Keita. Mane and Salah up front.

Gini has had 1 or 2 good games in about 3 months so deserves to be dropped if Fab is back.

Sheffield United have no pace up front, Kabak/Davies/Phillips should be enough to deal with their forwards.

If we don’t win this there really is no hope for us.

1 Like

Yeah, time is running out at this stage of the season. It seems like only yesterday we were at half the season, now we only have 13 games left.

40 points from 25 games really doesn’t smell good.

Our target first and foremost must be to get to around 65-70+ (looking at past seasons and the top 4 margin).

Really not a lot of room for more slip ups.

2 Likes

I’d like to see Trent in midfield at some point but I would start now. A great deal of our current problems are down to players being out of position.

Other than that I agree with most of what you are saying. I think in the future we could look to Trent as a Milner type utility player.

I would like to see Trent learn how to dribble past a man to get to the by-line…
Same with Robbo…
What a pair of ‘unpredictable’ full backs we would have on our hands then.

Has Moss became our regular referee?

Referee: Jonathan Moss. VAR: Andy Madley.

1 Like

I greatly look forward to watching the fat bastard blowing out of his arse while trying to keep up with elite footballers, and guessing his way through decisions because he’s been left stranded at the other end of the pitch.

1 Like

Ali
Trent Kabak Phillips Robbo
Thiago Gini
Ox Shaq Mane
Salah

Think we’ll lose 2-1

(Had every other fucking prediction wrong this year so let’s hope it continues)

1 Like

You mean we might get beat 3-1 :flushed:

We might actually benefit from a ref guessing at decisions.

We might have a shiny new midfield for this one. Fab, Keita and Milner. An embarrassment of riches!!

2 Likes

I am tired of this, underwhelmed, done with football this year. Not blaming Klopp or the team. Just Covid, VAR, no crowds, injuries… its taken all the joy from it when I really needed a lift!

I will watch and care of course but…

7 Likes

How is he still a PL ref??? Ten years ago, I already found myself thinking that he was unfit to be a top ref, in every sense of the term. Since then, he has gone from bad to worse. And still, no sign that he’ll be taken out his - and ours - misery… :weary:

3 Likes