Pre-Match | Sheffield United vs. Liverpool | PL Matchday 26 | Sunday February 28th 19:15h | Bramall Lane

Obviously the opposition needs to be taken into account, but someone should draw up a list of our results by referee this season, rank them, then lay over a regional indicator.

I bet there’s a significant trend to points lost when Manchester referees have presided over our matches.

Would make for a good infographic to put out there on Twitter.

Re Moss, he’s clearly not the fittest, but since the Spurs penalty debacle I think we’ve mostly had good results with him. The Palace match, West Ham, I seem to remember him being less of a cunt than the usual suspects. But I could be wrong.

2 Likes

I suspect Klopp will continue to use Fabinho in defence, and continue to pick Bobby. It disappoints me, as I think we’re better than the results if we did things a bit different.

We need to pick a side that stops the opposition getting anywhere near the centre backs.

Personally I think 352 could work quite well, but I doubt Klopp will ever start with it.

So I’d go 442, using Phillips and either Kabak or Davies. Problem with Kabak is that the media have done a number on him already and have the refs booking him the first time he touches the ball.

I’d have Salah up front with Mane, and a midfield that really dominates and protects, possibly in a diamond.

Late on, I’d bring a third centre back on if we’re ahead.

Wouldn’t mind seeing this.

Alisson
Trent Kabak Davies Robbo
Fabinho
Thiago Keita
Shaq
Salah Mane

We’ve done bits with a diamond, so don’t think that’s a mad shout.

I’ll also support Klopp to play experienced lads in the back four. But this is Sheffield Utd. They are a Championship Team. When does Davies get a game?

Up top, get Bobby out of the firing line. Play Salah and Mane as a front two and put Shaq in

Would also like Keita to play this one.

2 Likes

Still think we will (all) hope to have Fabinho back for this one and most probably at CB instead of Hendo at LCB. If not, then I think it will be Phillips and Kabak. I don’t think Klopp will go for Kabak and Davies yet (maybe at some point he’ll have to).

I like Fab at DM, as he can now slip back into CB if needed to create a 3, although consideration needs to be given to how the remaining CMs shield.

Main thing is we have to try something different.

Bobby is the main blockage IMO. He’s just not worth his place and if part of his role is dropping off as an extra midfield man, you might as well play another midfielder.

Not sure about Shaq, I’d perhaps prefer Thiago there with Gini or Milner alongside Keita.

1 Like

No Fabinho in today’s photos.

1 Like

Which means we have to play two CB :heart_eyes:

Alisson
TAA Kabak Nat Robertson
Wijnaldum
Milner? Thiago
Curtis
Salah Mane

Why not Phillips and Davies ? I would like to see that combo.

1 Like

I just think not yet, while we also have other options. Experience and knowing how we play plays a big part. I think we’ll see Davies at some point, maybe even with Kabak in a game or two, but until we see Davies and Kabak and Davies together, Klopp might avoid it.

Hearing Hendo is out for 12 weeks (3 months), don’t know what black magic has been done on us…I mean the injury situation is beyond any logic or luck.:cry:
Time to step up for the rest who are available and be counted , put in a decent performance.

For the line up, I just want us to be a bit unpredictable and but yet remain solid at the back.
I think Jurgen will still start with Kabak/Nat at the back , although , I don’t think it offers the balance we need and feel Davies/Nat offers us the right balance with Left/Right footed combo. However, it seems like Jurgen doesn’t rate Davies and he is more of a backup centre back, to our backup midfielders who could play at CB :frowning_face:

Keita should get some minutes in this game, I wouldn’t risk Jota yet , as in our current form, we are going to put weight of this entire world on his shoulders, while he needs to maintain match fitness and sharpness.

I would have Salah and Mane uptop for this game and play Bobby rather in behind. I would love to change the situation there with Shaq/Ox/Curtis , but Jurgen isn’t going to drop Bobby for the his defensive duties. So, we need to be innovative with the same set of players,I think.

And No way we should be dropping Thiago. Best technical player in this team. Full stop !!

2 Likes

Last time I suggested this as a joke, but seriously. Has anyone checked Nat’s locker for Voodoo dolls, enchanted amulets or vials of blood?

3 Likes
4 Likes

Gini has been voted new captain :woman_pilot: for the weekend.

1 Like

Gini to wear the armband in most of the remaining games in a situation when he’s leaving on a free.

:joy:

3 Likes

I see what you’re saying, but that hierarchy was voted by the players, and Klopp wouldn’t tear it up because Gini is getting off.

If Gini goes off it’s between Trent and Salah. Trent got the nod in the only game it cropped up in, but Salah had a bit of a Mardy about it.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m certainly not saying we should change it. It’s just a little bit funny as we get closer to the end of the season and Gini to leaving the club.

3 Likes

Given Hendo’s injury, Gini might end his career captaining the side.

2 Likes

I like the idea of Gini getting the captaincy. It would be easy for him to take things easy as his time here winds down but this might light a bit of a fire under him.

6 Likes

Faustian pact? We win the European Cup, World Cup and Premier League in rapid succession but then the players turn into biscuits and the team turns into Everton.

3 Likes

As if things couldn’t get any worse for the lads, this popped up in the Echo:

Sounds very unexpected. I don’t know what the travel situation is but I suspect that he would be unable to return to Brazil for the funeral. Regardless, it will affect him emotionally. I’m sure he will get support from the team and, particularly, Klopp who has just experienced something similar.

6 Likes