Pre-Match: Sheffield United vs Liverpool | Premier League Wednesday 6th December 2023 19:30 UTC

I bet they are one of our better records, I think Klopp won every game against them.

The performances went from the sublime to the silly mind.

Believe we did not well against teams that got a new manager when they play us, don’t like it one bit.

We beat Raneri’s Watford 5-0. Lost to Shakey at Leicester. Cant think of any others.

Field a proper team today and Saturday, play the U23 against Union.

It’s a tight turnaround - Saturday 12:30 for the next game. We’ll have to manage time for both games.

2 Likes

Only bonus is Palace are in the same boat interesting to note Fulham was the first 2pm were they had a distinct advantage of Thursday to Sunday Europa time.

Hopefully we play a very reserve side in the Europa next week, then again Man Utd do have to play midweek and win against Bayern Munich.

1 Like

I hadn’t really considered that. I’ve just looked at our schedule going forward and it does offer opportunities to manage game time between some tough fixtures. Of course, that’s only of any use if you end up winning all the games but that will be easier if players aren’t knackered.

1 Like

Don’t worry, Klopp always fields a proper team. However, there will definitely be some fresh legs. In a such short turnaround between games, the overall best-on-paper XI is not always the best. So you definitely need some rotation to cope with intense schedule. MacAllister felt fatigue on Sunday, Szobo is currently a bit out-of-form (not to mention Gravenberch) and Endo and Elliott could be regarded as in-form. Therefore, our arguably strongest XI may not be the best for today.

I guess Klopp will probably make 5 changes in the starting XI in comparison to Fulham, which will be balanced well across the departments. I would bet on 2 changes in defence (Konate for Matip and Gomez for Tsimi), 2 in midfield (which is the most demanding department in Klopp’s system) and 1 in attack (Gakpo). Not the wholesome changes we were used to in the Europa League and Kangaroo Cup ties, but some (needed) rotation nonetheless. That would see us fielding a strong but reasonably fresh team today.

I reckon we play the u23s tonight and Palace and then put out a proper team against USG.

This is the way.

Yeah, Klopp often does the half the team rotation.

Well balanced through the lines also.

I do expect a lot of kids against Union SG, that will be fun to watch.

4 Likes

Well, I’m all set for tonight. How about you cunts?

Yup. Brand new box of Kleenex and no less than 3 pot noodles at the ready…

1 Like

oh boy, you’re in for a ride hey?

Someone is!

Unleash Alex Mac

6 Likes

Gomez a strange one. Thought Kostas was good the other day.

Looking forward to seeing Alexis higher up.

Not good that we have to use two goalies to fill the bench.

1 Like

Hope that two goalies on the bench doesn’t mean that we had a late injury.

I’m surprised we didn’t start one of Jones or Elliott for this one.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I have been waiting to see Alex at LCM

Bradley is RB, right!