Pre-Match: Sheffield United vs Liverpool | Premier League Wednesday 6th December 2023 19:30 UTC

So the new manager bounce is now a worry - albeit genuinely don’t think they have anywhere near enough to do much, they will show some desire and a higher work rate I imagine.

All on our lads to deliver.

I don’t think the manager has been the issue here. Obviously their players will want to impress the new boss but they still have the same lack of squad depth and injuries with those they have.

If we have a few second choice players getting game time then they will want to impress Klopp.

1 Like

Rotation needed. I’d rest Tsimikas, szobo and Nunez and let Gomez, Endo and Gapko start this one.
I’d drop Gravenberch, two bad games in a row, really hope Jones is fit to start.

Kelleher,
TAA-Konate-VvD-Gomez
Mac -Endo - Jones
Salah-Gapko-Diaz

Hopefully, we start this game better than we usually do and finish them off early💪

Was listening to Klopps PC in the car and I think he said Diogo was running yesterday but won’t be in team training yet. Ali is closer.

Did I get that right?

1 Like

From TIA:

Ali & Jota updates

"Diogo was running yesterday outside, and everything goes in the right direction but nobody told me he will be back in training today.

“Ali is closer but he will not be ready for tomorrow definitely.”

4 Likes

Sounds much better than expected.

2 Likes

Also nicked from TIA as I can’t be arsed typing out again:

Key points

Matip injury "not good"
Jota "running" & Alisson is "closer"
"Not stubborn" over Trent's position
Salah an "all-time great"
Long-range shots help 'unpredictability
"Too early" for title talk
Kelleher "absolutely fine"
Helping with test event "an honour"

Nothing on whether Mbappe is closer to joining next month? Fucking journo’s asking the wrong questions yet again.

Actually, the comments about scoring from distance were interesting. We seem to have spent the last few years walking the ball into the net so the fact that (in the last game) we scored 4 blasted in from distance seemed significant.

Is this some assessment that we get stuck against a low block? I don’t think it’s a coincidence - I think they must have been trying this on the training pitch and reassessing what out squad is currently capable of.

2 Likes

Yeah with the quality of our midfield’s shooting we should be getting lots more goals. Trent for instance should be capable of similar to what Gerrard regularly did from around the box and 30 yards.

2 Likes

Thing is, it’s not like Trent hasn’t been regularly trying these, it’s just 9 times out of 10 they fly way over the bar.

steve martin drs GIF

5 Likes

NOT MOTHER?!

2 Likes

I thought Becker was out for 5 weeks according to Gary on Twitter

1 Like

Boris?

1 Like

He’s to busy with the Covid enquiry.

Was listening to Jack Robinson’s interview, said that this will actually be the first time he plays against us (if selected of course).

1 Like

That’s my point. He strikes the ball so well that he should be able to work on his technique here - keeping the ball down ala his second goal - he should be scoring lots more from around the box.

Having rewatched the goals Kelleher needs to do better here that second one is dreadful.

He’s better than he was in that even if I don’t rate him as much as some.

lets hope we dont go to the 5th newly promoted team in last 2 years and not perform. we need these points and they are shit. No excuses. Get it done.

7 Likes