Pre-Match: Sheffield United vs Liverpool | Premier League Wednesday 6th December 2023 19:30 UTC

:see_no_evil:

Referee: Simon Hooper. Assistants: Simon Long, James Mainwaring. Fourth official: Tony Harrington. VAR : Michael Oliver. Assistant VAR: Richard West.

Simon Hooper has just upset city, hasn’t he?

So, we’ll have to deal with a new-manager bounce (and the single most terrible ref too!). Let’s see how it goes, but knowing us, playing against the last in the league, we are probably due a loss! :wink:

1 Like

It sounds like their board objected to being criticised over spending (or selling, for that matter).

I don’t think sacking the manager will have any effect as he was massively overachieving to begin with.

2 Likes

If we can’t beat Sheffield or worst yet if we lose to Sheffield, just sack the season off and liquidate the club.

Can we liquidate you instead?

4 Likes

Smash them. They’re REALLY shit!

2 Likes

Not buying any new manager bounce for this one. He’ll have what two training sessions with the squad? Probably won’t even have everyone’s name down by then. Play with passion and purpose, and this game should be done and dusted by halftime.

think you overestimate the stopping power of your testicles, friend.

1 Like

Likely it will be their assistant

Start Endo. Rest Sobz. Give Gakpo a run out and then bring on Nunez to cause carnage in the last third.

Bish bash bosh

1 Like

Difficult to predict in which game we will see more players rested.

Sheffield is the weaker team but Palace might struggle with the Wednesday/Saturday early kickoff turnaround.

Hoping for two wins. No injuries. And Klopp doing the right thing by playing as many kids as possible in Belgium.

8 Likes

Sheffield team news by WhoScored:

• Sheffield United’s list of absentees has gone up to eight ahead of this clash.
  • Oliver McBurnie was dismissed in the 5-0 thrashing at Burnley and as such is suspended.

Players listed as missing: Basham, Egan, Norrington-Davies, Baldock, Davies, Jebbison, McBurnie.

Brewster is a doubt.

1 Like

Yeah this is that period where that situation is slightly levelled up.

1 Like

Which is presumably why we sold him.

I wouldn’t mind seeing him again but it’s surprised me how he hasn’t progressed. A cautionary note not to get too excited when promising teenagers come through.

2 Likes

Wasn’t he always?
Anyway at least one player I vaguely recognise in that list.

1 Like

I remember how bad I felt last year after Bournemouth away. (Coming straight after the elation of trouncing the Mancs.)

I never want to feel that way again. :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Klopp press conference at 13:30 (GMT):

1 Like

If he can’t hit the back of the net against this shite then I don’t know.

1 Like

Yes, seems grotesquely unfair. Promotion is always a challenge, but it is hard to understand what Sheffield United’s expectations were - modest net spend (about £22M) and losing two key players, including one to a direct rival for survival. That isn’t much of a strategy.

It won’t shock me if Wilder isn’t able to make any headway at all, and the Blades hit January in full crisis.

1 Like