Pre-match: Southampton v Liverpool, Sunday 28th May, 16:30

I think I’d give Kelleher a game

If Man Utd get a point tomorrow then I’d also play Milner, Gomez and Firmino.

Wouldn’t go beyond the squad to be honest as I think it’s important to at least end on a high, possibly Doak.

And you know Salah will want to get his 20th.

Depends if Brighton can still gather more points than us though

6th is still Europa League.

1 Like

Ah, Okies

They can’t now anyhow and yeah it didn’t matter, though there is probably a bit more prize money in it.

Saying that 5th it most likely is.

4 Likes

If United get at least a point against Chelsea this game is a complete dead rubber now.

The critical word. Imagine needing our keeper to score the winner in the last minute. That would never happen, ever……

1 Like

Chelsea have been on the beach for months now. No way they’re getting anything tonight, especially as the authorities will want their darlings from Salford to have a stress-free final day.

4 Likes

Agree with that. Add that to the fact Chelsea have been playing every couple of days. No chance we get a favour here.

Nothing on the line for either team should United not lose so I hope we just go out and have some fun.

Would be happy to see us mix the team up and give some of the squad lads a run out. I’d go something like;

Kelleher

TAA
Gomez
Matip
Tsmikas

Fab
Milly
Ox

Mo
Bobby
Carvalho

Of course if United lose tonight it changes the game but I don’t see that happening.

Stupid question most likely, but is Naby injured? Would like to see him get a couple of minutes in this.

Either that or he’s converting the Pope to Islam.

I think we’ve just stopped considering him so he doesn’t risk getting injured and then isn’t able to find a new club in the summer willing to sign a crock on massive wages.

1 Like

Shouldn’t bother us. He’ll be out of contract.

Why? He has no value anymore for us. I’d rather see our young players (Elliot, Carvalho etc.) get some valuable playing time.

3 Likes

Might wander down to the stadium on Sunday and see if there are any spares kicking around - assume plenty of Saints fans won’t bother turning up if I can’t get one one in the away end.

3 Likes

Think we play the strongest available team no matter what the situation with the league.

1 Like

It would be nice if Mo got a goal, other than that its basically as important as a pre season game.

1 Like

One final time, for this thankfully finished season:

Smash them. They are ahh
ahh
ahh
ahh

fuck this match , i’ll be watching the everton - bournemouth one instead

1 Like