Pre-match: Southampton v Liverpool, Sunday 28th May, 16:30

That’s unexpectedly poor from you.

Liverpool first; the rest, nowhere.

8 Likes

Well, some good news, at least for those of us in Germany. This game is being listed as the “Match of the Week” on Sky Sports Mix (Sky Deutschland). Seems odd that a dead rubber game should be featured but it looks like the Klopp factor is still a bigger draw than the dreck that passes for the Premier League.

3 Likes

Up the best fuck the rest.:grin:

1 Like

Isn’t it the last game that you can see e ery score live…

Unfortunately not in India where I have to switch feeds on OTT.

I’ll be watching the Everton Bournemouth match and hoping that those guys crash bigtime. Will atleast give me something to cheer about this season, apart from the charity shield , the 7-0 etc etc.

Glad these are going down tbh. Most dead atmosphere in the prem.

We should win this handily if we turn up. I’d like to see Fabio, Curtis and Harvey all get some minutes

They do appear to have gone from a well run club to a complete shambles.

It’s maybe appropriate that we should be their last PL opponents. Maybe that will be our final message to them, “So long and thanks for all the players…”

One of Klopp’s early huge wins was a 6-1 beating of Southampton which featured the likes of Virgil , Mane, Tadic… While we basically ran the reserves along with Origi / Sturridge up front.

1 Like

I don’t believe either Virgil or Mane did something especially wrong in that match , have to check the replays again but Mane scored very early in the game for Southampton and didn’t recieve much help from Southampton later. And from what I recollect , Virgil did do his job , just that the others went to pieces around him.

Wonder how much affect that result had to get Virgil and Mane to join us.

The two lineups.

1 Like

Nothing massively concerning there a groin injury for Robbo might be good if he doesn’t play the Scottish matches in June.

I’d like to start Nunez here if fit

4 Likes

First game this season I’ll be passing on, seen everything I’ve needed to and whatever happens won’t the change the final outcome.

Leicester West Ham, Madders with a last min free kick goal to keep them up as the FT whistle goes at Goodison, 0-0.

That featured an Origi hat-trick didn’t it?

1 Like

feels odd having a dead rubber on the final day after a few years.

fuck it - id play all the kids along with all those that are leaving.
the result is meaningless so give them a run out

Ill be watching the dogfight at the bottom on the weekend not our match.

2 Likes

Two of them aren’t available to play :joy:

Losing 6-1 on the final day as a farewell isn’t something I’d like to repeat.

Happy to go with Firmino and Milner as the latter is still a starter anyhow.

1 Like

Kelleher

Gomez
Nat
Matip
Kostas

Millie
Jones
Elliott

Carvalho
Darwin
Ox

Arthur and Naby if fit to be subbed on. Rest of bench filled with u21s and Adrian.

Why?

Put out our strongest team.
Finish on a high and prepare for next season.

1 Like

Yeah I’d give run outs to a couple as mentioned but not sure why anyone should be getting a rest.

If ever there was a game destined to be played on the beach, then this is it. Two teams with absolutely nothing to play for. Who wants to risk injury in the last game of the season and spend the summer on the treatment table? 0-0 incoming. Play the reserves……

I remember this game…last game of the season. We finished 5th. They were rock bottom. I stood on a half full kop. In those days of course you could pay on the door.

Liverpool will win this five or six nil.