Pre-match: Southampton v Liverpool, Sunday 28th May, 16:30

General rule of defending - if you have multiple players you prioritize the guy closer to goal. It’s about forcing them to try to score from what is the least dangerous position for you. Leaving a guy free on the corner of the box is always the right thing if a guy is standing unmarked on the penalty spot.

1 Like

Decided not to talk about our defending after what ive just watched lol

Its unfortunate for him that he had mutliple players. Matip was just standing there watching, when Alcaraz was his man.

Absolutely laughable goal to concede. WE are sooooo mediocre these days.

Embarrassing defending again.

A prelude of what was to come :see_no_evil:

Matip falling off a cliff this season has been sad to watch

preseason game this

very poor defence

Wow, another mistake from our defenders!

Complete giveaway that. Liverpool on the beach

I think we may have a growing problem on our hands regarding the center back position.

1 Like

I’m sure we’re supposed to have a defensive midfielder. When do we ever see Fabinho clean up anything.

Matip utter shite, if he’s on the list of players with something to prove, he’s doing well to prove he needs to be sold.

You sound suprised. Theres a reason 3 of them have barely featured

In fairness it was a player who is leaving this summer giving the ball away, and a pass being played through a back three which none of whom are guaranteed to be in the rotation next season and scoring past a keeper we may be trying to sell.

3 Likes

Ali saves that.

Poor from Bobby.

I know this won’t effect the results, but it is embarrassing nonetheless.

Very disjointed lineup. Very disjointed performance. Entertaining game, but frustrating. More goals in this.

2 Likes

Hard for a ressie keeper to come in and play a 1 off match.

1 Like

What’s the score :eyes: